Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2008, 03:31 PM

142 posts, read 481,264 times

Advertisements

Are these districts any good.
It seems from reading other threads that Pleasant Valley is the preferred district in Monroe.

Any thoughts on the other three?

I like the idea of no developments, and it seems I can find that also in town in Stroudsburg and East Stroudsburg and also in the town of Mountainhome. But also we are thinking of starting a family and wanted to stay in the best area to raise children (that we could afford.)

We also have family in Pike but were looking to work in the Stroudsburg area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 06:34 PM

6 posts, read 16,154 times
Just bumping your request up to get an answer. I am also interested in this question!

Old 03-31-2008, 04:08 PM

173 posts, read 582,239 times
I believe PV is the smallest or second smallest school district in Monroe, of course the smaller you are the less crime, trouble, etc. That is why it is recommened over the others i would believe. Both Pocono Mountain and East Stroudsburg has 2 high schools. East, West and North, South. Stroudsburg and PV are the only 2 in the county not split because of thier size.

I don't believe any of the schools in monroe can be considered "bad". I personally know kids for all 4 districts in Monroe and while all had their stories from high school, there wasn't any that stuck out as being worse then any of the other districts.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:51 AM

149 posts, read 636,171 times
PV is probably the smallest, that is correct. I have heard the the Stroudsburg schools are better than the Pocono Mt. schools. There is catholic school as well for an option. What price range home are you looking for?? Contact me directly for any help, I can lend some direction per that regard.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:54 PM

8 posts, read 24,648 times
No developments East Stroudsburg is best/ Mount Pocono is mostly developments and the school doing better and better with education results that you can look up and verify. Stroudsburg is last.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:59 PM

17 posts, read 13,996 times
Default School District Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buy The Truth View Post
No developments East Stroudsburg is best/ Mount Pocono is mostly developments and the school doing better and better with education results that you can look up and verify. Stroudsburg is last.
When you say last, what do you mean? Are Stroudsburg High Schools actually ranked last?

Old 03-07-2016, 05:23 AM

342 posts, read 798,296 times
You would go 2-Stroudsburg, 3-Pocono East/East burg south, 4-Pocono West/North. You are correct, PV would be number 1. PV has more of an in town, small community feel. Stroudsburg and Eastburg have more of a transient population but still retain some of their small town feel (which is slowly eroding). West and North have a much higher urban, inner city population which shows in not only test scores but altercations that occur in those schools. Feel free to PM me. I teach and coach in the one school district (different schools) and my kids go to another district. I can answer any questions you may have without having to air the schools dirt laundry out in public.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:11 AM

8,053 posts, read 7,419,522 times
We live in the Eastburg (South) district and we send/sent our kids to Notre Dame for pre-K thru 12. Not that East Stroudsburg schools are bad, it was just a personal preference and we're very pleased that we did it. Our son is on the basketball team that recently won the District XI Championship and he would not have made the team at one of the giant schools in the area!

I believe padad1's analysis and rankings above are pretty standard among people in the area.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:34 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Please note that this thread was started in 2008.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:11 PM

342 posts, read 798,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Please note that this thread was started in 2008.

Touche'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania