Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 06:14 PM

109 posts, read 366,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermanMike View Post
Shhhh about Prompton Dam. ; )
Yeah I know, but I trust we can all keep a secret If the husband knew I posted it he would not be pleased...he was pretty unhappy when WNEP Outdoor life had some footage of it a few weeks ago...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 01:56 AM

87 posts, read 258,641 times
There are some good spots around the bridge at Mellow Park. I frequently see people fish there. I've seen them pull out some pretty amazing trout.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:04 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,098,909 times
There is a hole just up stream from the bridge by the little cliff that holds fish. Its on the opposite of the river from the park. Try this... (http://www.lrca.org/pages/publications/riverguide/pages/Chapter4_LRCAfish.htm - broken link)

Old 05-12-2008, 11:12 AM

411 posts, read 1,290,657 times
Ran into a guy above the Constitution Ave bridge in Jessup one summer. He kept a log and said that the fish he just caught was the 95'th brownie of the season and it was only July. The water was low and warm but there is a mine outflow with 48 degree water that trout love.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:27 PM

51 posts, read 183,026 times
Anyone have any luck fishing the Susquehanna, specifically in the Tunkhannock/Wyalusing area? I heard it's supposed to be great for smallmouth bass but I didn't have much success the few times I went there.

I really wish it was legal to fish some of the reservoirs around here. The Elmhurst reservoir is just across from where I live and I hear from the locals that it's loaded with big fish. I've heard the same about Lake Scranton. I assume one of the reasons they prohibit fishing in these waters is because of those few idiots who would leave behind all sorts of garbage. It seems like we always pay the price for a few bad apples.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,787 times
Default place to fish if walking

I live in Scranton and I don't have a car wear is the best place to fish???? I going nuts I am from W.V I love the out door someone help me!!!!!!

Old 09-03-2017, 12:13 PM

342 posts, read 318,581 times
I've heard that the Lackawanna River is really cleaned up, and is in much better shape than in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania