Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:58 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,399,058 times

Advertisements

Here's a game we played at the office last year. Everyone was divided into teams and was given these clues and a sheet to write their answers on. The object is to pick the movie that the quote is from.

I tortured, uh I mean, entertained my family with it last year. I have this as a formatted word doc, pm me with your email if you want it to torture, uh, I mean entertain your family, friends, or office staff!

Here's the clues. I'll post the answers a little later.

• Teacher says every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings.

• You’ll shoot your eye out, kid

• I forged these chains during my life

• We’re kicking off our fun old-fashioned family Christmas by heading out into the country in the old front-wheel drive sleigh to embrace the frosty majesty of the winter landscape and select that most important of Christmas symbols

• Didn’t I ever tell you about Bumbles? Bumbles bounce!

• Santee Claus, why? Why are you taking our Christmas tree, why?

• Merry Christmas, movie house! Merry Christmas, Emporium! Merry Christmas you old Building and Loan!

• Fra-gee-lay…must be Italian

• A toy is never truly happy unless it is loved by a child

• Nobody’s walking out on this fun old fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We’re all in this together

• All my life I’ve wondered something and now’s my chance to find out. I’m going to find the answer to a question that’s puzzled the world for centuries. Does Santa Claus sleep with his whiskers outside or in?

• It’s not a bad little tree. All it needs is a little love.

• Why do we have all these children, anyway!

• If you’re ever under a falling building and someone offers to pick you up and carry you to safety, don’t think, don’t pause, don’t hesitate for a moment, just spit in his eye

• I triple dog dare you

• Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to

• He hadn’t stopped Christmas from coming. It came. Somehow or other it came just the same.

• He looks like a deranged Easter bunny

• You see, he was made out of Christmas snow, an Christmas snow can never disappear completely

• One man’s life touches so many others. When he’s not there it leaves an awfully big hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 12:00 PM

I don't know what happened to the numbers, but they should be numbered 1-20. Ugh!

Old 12-16-2008, 12:03 PM

411 posts, read 1,290,198 times
Got them all save one! I must have entirely too much time on my hands!

All my life I’ve wondered something and now’s my chance to find out. I’m going to find the answer to a question that’s puzzled the world for centuries. Does Santa Claus sleep with his whiskers outside or in?

Old 12-16-2008, 12:50 PM

I'll give a few more people a chance before I post the answers.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:36 PM

193 posts, read 542,529 times
Me and HUbby were only able to figure out 11, and i thought i knew about movies !

Old 12-16-2008, 01:39 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebunnie69 View Post
Me and HUbby were only able to figure out 11, and i thought i knew about movies !
11 for me too! Then again I usually work second-shift and don't get to see many of these Christmas classics! Thanks for posting these, LI!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:11 PM

Ready for answers yet? Or should I give it until tomorrow morning?

Old 12-16-2008, 05:41 PM

923 posts, read 3,093,719 times
By some of the phrases, some of them don't sound like REAL classics !!! Can't wait for the answers, this is fun !!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:47 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,142,011 times
Give us till morning...hopefully when I get home from work tonight I can figure them out.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:53 PM

Ok, tomorrow it is then. Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania