Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 12:01 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times

Advertisements

Ok my fellow friends. I need some help here. Every Easter we get to together from far and wide to enjoy dinner together.
So far I can't find a place this year.
It needs to be a family friendly place, and it needs to be OPEN on Easter.
Here is the places we have gone......
Country Club of the Poconos
Pocmont
Another place in the Pocono Mts that is no longer open ( it was great, but
it became something other)
Great Wolf Lodge
Knights Inn ( or something like that) Saylorsburg
The Saylorsburg Inn
JR's

Ok so how do we even top the Great Wolf, impossible for sure.
But, alas...they are looking for a different place.

I was shocked to see that the Pocono Manor was not having Easter Dinner this year only Mothers Day Dinner..

Sam Sneads has not written back, in all likely because 6 kids will be attending. Just guessing but...perhaps.

I have a note into Baileys in Mt Pocono asking about Easter.

The clan can't go past that area it would be too far for some.

I remember the year we did Pocmont, the Easter Bunny was set up so nicely in his own little area. They did a great job.

I'd like a lodge or something simular. No one is advertizing as yet. That has become a family joke. The joke is.... in PA they don't put notices out unitl St. Patrick has left town.

Anyone with ideas... I have spent two days looking on line.
From Mt. Pocono to Stroudsburg....and down to Wind Gap is the area.

Stroudsmoor is a bit over the price some want to pay.........But, if all else fails. It just might have to be the place at this point. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 12:08 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,693,201 times
Too bad you're not further west. I'd highly recommend Carriage Corner Restaurant in Mifflinburg, Union County. Also (but not sure if they're open Easter Sunday) there's Country Cupboard in Lewisburg, Union County. Both have awesome buffets.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:23 PM

I think yes, they are too West for the company........
I might have been in that Country Cupboard just before a wedding up in that direction. Charming it was indeed.....
Our company is coming from NY state, and New Jersey, plus Easton PA.........

Old 02-17-2009, 01:21 PM

I know I love it .........I love that Great Wolf Lodge! Well, it was the last place we all went.
Last year Easter was so early I was still in SC. But this year we are all back and into our usual routine. ( the year before it was GWL)
Now, they have gone to the Wolf quite a bit and enjoyed the water park tremendously.
I just might end up there. It is placed so perfectly for our meeting, and it is a joy to behold, now isn't it?

Old 02-17-2009, 02:31 PM

I checked on Stroudsmoor and yikes........It is half price for those children under 10. That means that what, the two and three year olds cost is 18 dollars. You know how much they eat?........
It is $35 per person, not including drinks.....hummmm.
I personally feel that kids, who hardly touch much on a plate shoud be a minimal fee.
Maybe $10 per child and three and under are free for golly sakes. Those little tykes just don't do anything but nibble.
I'm sure it is a great fanfare up on that mountain, but its a bit over priced for sure.
Great Wolfs buffet was under $25 and it is looking better all the time............

Old 02-17-2009, 02:50 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,393 times
If you really really like Great Wolf, go there! Life is too short to second guess. If you love it and it's reasonably priced and convenient to all, then I say do it! If anyone complains, blame me. Everyone else does! LOL!

Old 02-18-2009, 05:50 AM

LOL.......Well the clan is always looking for a" new" place. So I am still on the hunt.
I would love to choose Stroudsmoor. But, a cost of half price for "babies" is just ridiculous....

Old 02-18-2009, 09:05 PM

923 posts, read 3,094,744 times
Skytop Lodge ?? !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania