|Median resident age:||22.8 years|
|Pennsylvania median age:||40.1 years|
Zip codes: 17837.
Lewisburg borough income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $165,687 (it was $102,400 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $673.
- White alone - 5,080 (87.7%)
- Hispanic - 229 (4.0%)
- Asian alone - 183 (3.2%)
- Black alone - 166 (2.9%)
- Two or more races - 103 (1.8%)
- Other race alone - 20 (0.3%)
- American Indian alone - 9 (0.2%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 2 (0.03%)
|Construction in Lewisburg (3 replies)|
|Lewisburg/Allenwood PA...relocating, advice needed (1 reply)|
|Cable, internet, and phone choices in Lewisburg (2 replies)|
|Young doctor moving my family: upstate NY or Lewisburg area? (6 replies)|
|The Burger Factory in Lewisburg (7 replies)|
|Bus from Lehigh to Harrisburg or Lewisburg? (6 replies)|
Latest news from Lewisburg, PA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (23.9%), Irish (12.1%), English (8.8%), Italian (5.8%), Polish (5.0%), French (2.5%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 03/31/1812
Elevation: 456 feet
Land area: 0.98 square miles.
Population density: 5,840 people per square mile(average).
For population 25 years and over in Lewisburg:
- High school or higher: 91.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 41.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 15.3%
- Unemployed: 4.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 13.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lewisburg borough:
- Never married: 62.0%
- Now married: 22.6%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 4.1%
- Divorced: 10.1%
221 residents are foreign born (1.6% Asia, 0.5% Europe).
According to our research of Pennsylvania and other state lists there were 7 registered sex offenders living in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania as of April 21, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Lewisburg to the number of sex offenders is 823 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $2,880 (1.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $2,823 (1.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Reading, PA (66.3 miles , pop. 81,207).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Philadelphia, PA (113.5 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Linntown, PA (0.8 miles ), Montandon, PA (1.4 miles ), West Milton, PA (2.0 miles ), Winfield, PA (2.0 miles ), Milton borough, PA (2.0 miles ), New Columbia, PA (2.3 miles ), Kapp Heights, PA (2.5 miles ), Northumberland borough, PA (2.6 miles ).
Latitude: 40.96 N, Longitude: 76.89 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +4,865 (+83.4%)
Workers who live and work in this borough: 1,413 (63.5%)
Area code: 570
|Crime rates in Lewisburg by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 301.7)||85.8||84.3||70.2||57.6||81.4||110.4||157.8||127.7||83.8||115.7|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Lewisburg detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.38|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -158 (-2.7%).
- Educational services (24%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Transportation and warehousing (11%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (9%)
- Health care and social assistance (9%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Educational services (39%)
- Health care and social assistance (21%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (3%)
- Information (3%)
- Other services, except public administration (3%)
- Postsecondary teachers (8%)
- Computer specialists (6%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (4%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (4%)
- Postsecondary teachers (8%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
Average climate in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lewisburg-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Pennsylvania state average. It is 26% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/31/1985, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 28.6 miles away from the Lewisburg borough center caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/31/1985, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 11.2 miles away from the borough center killed 6 people and injured 60 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Lewisburg-area historical earthquake activity is near Pennsylvania state average. It is 86% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 186.1 miles away from the city center
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 62.6 miles away from Lewisburg center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 244.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/16/1994 at 00:42:43, a magnitude 4.2 (4.2 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 63.9 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 226.4 miles away from Lewisburg center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 292.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Union County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 3, Floods: 2, Tropical Depressions: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Flash Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tornado: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Tasker H. Bliss - Chief of Staff of the Army, Dick Kauffman - Professional baseball player, Jason Bohn - PGA Tour Golf player (born: 4/24/73), Hal McClure - Baseball player, John Banks (U.S. politician) - Politician, John Frederick Zeller III - University president, Samuel Huston Thompson - Lewisburg, Todd Murray - Singer-songwriter.
Hospitals and medical centers in Lewisburg:
- EVANGELICAL COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (Voluntary non-profit - Other, provides emergency services, ONE HOSPITAL DRIVE)
- EVANGELICAL HOSPICE (ONE HOSPITAL DR)
- NORTH CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA DIALYSIS CENTER - LEWISBURG, LLC (135 JPM ROAD)
- BAYADA NURSES, INC (115 FARLEY CIRCLE SUITE 103)
- BUFFALO VALLEY LUTHERAN VILLAG (889 FAIRGROUND ROAD)
- BUFFALO VALLEY LUTHERAN VILLAGE (OLD FAIRGROUND RD)
- EVANGELICAL COMM HOSP SUBACUTE (ONE HOSPITAL DRIVE)
- LEWISBURG UNITED METHODIST HOME (P O BOX 401)
- RIVERWOODS (3201 RIVER ROAD)
Airports and heliports located in Lewisburg:See details about airports and heliports located in Lewisburg, PA
Colleges/Universities in Lewisburg:
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Lewisburg:
- Susquehanna University (about 12 miles; Selinsgrove, PA; Full-time enrollment: 2,495)
- Pennsylvania College of Technology (about 21 miles; Williamsport, PA; FT enrollment: 5,291)
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (about 24 miles; Bloomsburg, PA; FT enrollment: 9,452)
- Lock Haven University (about 33 miles; Lock Haven, PA; FT enrollment: 5,184)
- McCann School of Business & Technology (about 40 miles; Pottsville, PA; FT enrollment: 3,412)
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg (about 47 miles; Harrisburg, PA; FT enrollment: 13,276)
- Luzerne County Community College (about 50 miles; Nanticoke, PA; FT enrollment: 4,724)
Public high schools in Lewisburg:
- Lewisburg High School (Students: 629; Location: 815 Market St; Grades: PK-12)
- Donald H Eichhorn Ms School (Students: 414; Location: 2057 Washington Ave; Grades: PK-12)
- Linntown Elementary School (Students: 264; Location: 1951 Washington Ave; Grades: PK-12)
- Buffalo Cross Roads Elementary School (Students: 70; Location: 954 Johnson Mill Rd; Grades: PK-12)
- Kelly Elementary School (Location: 325 Hospital Dr; Grades: PK-12)
Private elementary/middle schools in Lewisburg:
Notable locations in Lewisburg: Gateway Residence Center (A), Ziegler Health Center (B), Tustin Building (C), Sigma Alpha Epsilon (D), Rush H Kress Hall (E), President's House-Bucknell University (F), Phi Gamma Delta (G), Martin House (H), Lowry House (I), Leiser House (J), Lee N and Grace Q Vedder Hall (K), Larison Hall (L), Judd House (M), John Howard Harris Hall (N), Hulley House (O), Harland A Trax Hall (P), Galloway House (Q), Fremont House (R), Cooley Hall (S), Carey House (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Limestone Run (A), Mill Race (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Lewisburg include: Huenzgle Park (1), Green Park (2), Saint Anthonys Street Park (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Fetherston Foundation (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 15 North Water Street).
Hotels: Country Inn Sts-Lewisburg (134 Walter Drive), Best Country Cupboard Inn (Route 15 North Po Box 46), Days Inn (USRoute 15), Best Western Country Cupboard (Route 15 North), All Suites (654 USHighway 15 South), Econo Lodge Lewisburg (651 Route 15).
Courts: Recycling Hotline (Union County Court), North Hills Mobile Home Court (5 D Court), Union County Court House - General Information (103 South 2nd Street), Union County Court House - Probation Office- Emergency (Court House Lewisbur), Union County Emergency Squad - Administration (Court House), Ridgecrest Court & Commons (270 Ridgecrest Circle Apt 120).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 62.5. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2008 was 2.53. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 19.9 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 24.9. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 19.9 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 15.2. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 19.9 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Lewisburg and their reported violations in the past:LEWISBURG ALLIANCE CHURCH (Population served: 300, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH (Population served: 150, Groundwater):
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
- One minor monitoring violation
- 4 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:LA PRIMAVERA (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
- 6 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:WENDYS (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
- 4 routine major monitoring violations
- 2 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:
- One routine major monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Lewisburg that have no violations reported:
- THE PURPLE COW (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
(23.7% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 42.9% for Black residents, 17.6% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander residents, 12.7% for other race residents, 5.0% for two or more races residents)
|This borough:||1.9 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Lewisburg in 2010:
- 1,801 people in college/university student housing
- 132 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 34 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
People in group quarters in Lewisburg in 2000:
- 1,953 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus)
- 131 people in nursing homes
- 31 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 8 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 2 people in religious group quarters
Lewisburg compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Banks with branches in Lewisburg (2011 data):
- Manufacturers and Traders Trust Company: Lewisburg Branch, Brookpark Branch, Market Street Branch. Info updated 2011/08/08: Bank assets: $76,887.1 mil, Deposits: $60,064.2 mil, headquarters in Buffalo, NY, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 808 total offices, Holding Company: M&T Bank Corporation
- First National Bank of Pennsylvania: Lewisburg Downtown Branch at 311 Market Street, branch established on 2001/03/26; Lewisburg Plaza at 7409 W Branch Highway, branch established on 2001/01/08. Info updated 2012/01/10: Bank assets: $9,581.0 mil, Deposits: $7,462.2 mil, headquarters in Greenville, PA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 291 total offices, Holding Company: F.N.b. Corporation
- Sovereign Bank, National Association: Lewisburg-Market Street Branch at 239 Market Street, branch established on 1907/02/09; Lewisburg-Weis Branch at 7125 W Branch Hwy, branch established on 1974/07/29. Info updated 2012/01/31: Bank assets: $78,146.9 mil, Deposits: $48,042.9 mil, headquarters in Wilmington, DE, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 718 total offices, Holding Company: Banco Santander, S.A.
- Susquehanna Bank: Lewisburg (Weis Market) Branch at 122 Jpm Road, branch established on 1995/10/28. Info updated 2012/02/28: Bank assets: $14,849.0 mil, Deposits: $10,294.4 mil, headquarters in Lititz, PA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 308 total offices, Holding Company: Susquehanna Bancshares, Inc.
- Woodforest National Bank: Lewisburg Pennsylvania Branch at 120 Ajk Boulevard, branch established on 2007/02/05. Info updated 2011/05/10: Bank assets: $3,488.9 mil, Deposits: $3,097.6 mil, headquarters in Houston, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 766 total offices, Holding Company: Woodforest Financial Group Employee Stock Ownership Plan (With 401(K) Provisions) (Amended And
- West Milton State Bank: East Buffalo Branch at 2005 Market Street, branch established on 1987/02/12. Info updated 2011/03/18: Bank assets: $322.2 mil, Deposits: $287.1 mil, headquarters in West Milton, PA, positive income, 5 total offices, Holding Company: West Milton Bancorp, Inc.
- Swineford National Bank: Lewisburg Branch at 70 International Drive, branch established on 1873/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $290.7 mil, Deposits: $237.8 mil, headquarters in Middleburg, PA, positive income, 7 total offices, Holding Company: Fulton Financial Corporation
- Mifflinburg Bank and Trust Company: Lewisburg Branch at Route 192 And Fairground Road, branch established on 1991/05/01. Info updated 2007/06/06: Bank assets: $330.3 mil, Deposits: $256.8 mil, headquarters in Mifflinburg, PA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Mifflinburg Bancorp, Inc.
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania:
- Best Western Country Cupboard Inn, Rt 15 N, Lewisburg, PA 17837 , Phone: (570) 524-5500, Fax: (570) 524-4291
- Days Inn - Lewisburg, US Rt 15, Lewisburg, PA 17837 , Phone: (570) 523-1171, Fax: (570) 524-4667
- Country Inn & Suites, 134 Walter Dr, Lewisburg, PA 17837 , Phone: (570) 524-6600, Fax: (570) 524-6211
- Hampton Inn Lewisburg, 140 International Dr, Lewisburg, PA 17837 , Phone: (570) 522-8500, Fax: (570) 522-8500
- Rodeway Inn, 4687 Westbranch Hwy, Lewisburg, PA 17837 , Phone: (570) 523-1106, Fax: (570) 523-3045
- Comfort Suites, 4775 W Branch Hwy, Lewisburg, PA 17837 , Phone: (570) 524-8000, Fax: (570) 524-1485
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (50%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (26%)
- Utility gas (19%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Lewisburg borough (based on Union County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 36.96%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||United Church of Christ||Presbyterian Church (USA)|
|Name||Old Order Mennonite||Church of the Nazarene||Assemblies of God||Christian and Missionary Alliance||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Union County:||1.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pennsylvania:||2.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|Union County:||0.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pennsylvania:||0.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Union County:||2.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||12||$16,373||$16,373||1||$1,107|
|Streets and Highways||6||$23,748||$47,496||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||3||$11,300||$45,200||1||$1,244|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$3,169||$38,028||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||23||$63,055||$32,898||2||$2,351|
Lewisburg government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Regular Highways: $137,000 ($23.90)
Parking Facilities: $4,000 ($0.70)
- Current Operations - General - Other: $449,000 ($78.32)
Police Protection: $357,000 ($62.27)
Central Staff Services: $338,000 ($58.96)
Solid Waste Management: $283,000 ($49.36)
Regular Highways: $254,000 ($44.30)
Parks & Recreation: $160,000 ($27.91)
Housing & Community Development: $135,000 ($23.55)
Fire Protection: $98,000 ($17.09)
General Public Buildings: $29,000 ($5.06)
Parking Facilities: $11,000 ($1.92)
Financial Administration: $10,000 ($1.74)
- Employee Retirement - Total Cash & Deposits: $3,114,000 ($543.17)
Benefit Payments: $74,000 ($12.91)
- General - Interest on Debt: $12,000 ($2.09)
- Other Capital Outlay - Regular Highways: $65,000 ($11.34)
Parks & Recreation: $18,000 ($3.14)
General Public Building: $14,000 ($2.44)
Solid Waste Management: $6,000 ($1.05)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $787,000 ($137.28)
Lewisburg government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $364,000 ($63.49)
Parking Facilities: $93,000 ($16.22)
Parks & Recreation: $58,000 ($10.12)
All Other: $9,000 ($1.57)
- Employee Retirement - Interest Revenue: $44,000 ($7.67)
From Other Government: $16,000 ($2.79)
From Local Government: $4,000 ($0.70)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $110,000 ($19.19)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $68,000 ($11.86)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $213,000 ($37.15)
Interest Earnings: $84,000 ($14.65)
Special Assessments: $1,000 ($0.17)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $115,000 ($20.06)
Housing & Community Development: $55,000 ($9.59)
All Other: $5,000 ($0.87)
General Support: $2,000 ($0.35)
- Tax - Property: $602,000 ($105.01)
Individual Income: $348,000 ($60.70)
NEC: $189,000 ($32.97)
Lewisburg government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $246,000 ($42.91)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $220,000 ($38.37)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $26,000 ($4.54)
Lewisburg government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $220,000 ($38.37)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,958,000 ($341.53)
6.16% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($48,039 average adjusted gross income)
0.08% of residents moved from foreign countries ($743 average AGI)
Union County: 0.08% Pennsylvania average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Northumberland County, PA||1.51% ($31,804 average AGI)|
|from Snyder County, PA||0.75% ($30,972)|
|from Lycoming County, PA||0.49% ($43,886)|
6.03% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($42,454 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Lewisburg:
- WKOK (1070 AM; 10 kW; SUNBURY, PA; Owner: SUNBURY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WMLP (1380 AM; 1 kW; MILTON, PA; Owner: MILTON-LEWISBURG B/CSTG, INC.)
- WRKK (1200 AM; 10 kW; HUGHESVILLE, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPGM (1570 AM; 3 kW; DANVILLE, PA; Owner: MONTROSE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WYGL (1240 AM; 1 kW; SELINSGROVE, PA; Owner: SUNAIR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEEU (830 AM; 20 kW; READING, PA; Owner: WEEU BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WZZD (990 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WPEN (950 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- KYW (1060 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WIEZ (670 AM; daytime; 5 kW; LEWISTOWN, PA; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lewisburg:
- WGRC (91.3 FM; LEWISBURG, PA; Owner: SALT AND LIGHT MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC)
- WVBU-FM (90.5 FM; LEWISBURG, PA; Owner: BUCKNELL UNIVERSITY)
- WVLY-FM (100.9 FM; MILTON, PA; Owner: MILTON-LEWISBURG BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WQSU (88.9 FM; SELINSGROVE, PA; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA UNIVERSITY)
- WLGL (92.3 FM; RIVERSIDE, PA; Owner: SUNAIR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWBE (98.3 FM; MIFFLINBURG, PA; Owner: B-98 BROADCASTING, INC)
- WCXR (103.7 FM; LEWISBURG, PA; Owner: SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT SABRECOM, INC.)
- WRVH (107.9 FM; WILLIAMSPORT, PA; Owner: SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT SABRECOM, INC.)
- WBGM (88.1 FM; NEW BERLIN, PA; Owner: MONTROSE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WZXR (99.3 FM; SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, PA; Owner: SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT SABRECOM, INC.)
- WBZD-FM (93.3 FM; MUNCY, PA; Owner: SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT SABRECOM, INC.)
- WILQ (105.1 FM; WILLIAMSPORT, PA; Owner: SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT SABRECOM, INC.)
- W263AG (100.5 FM; SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, PA; Owner: DBA COVENANT BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WQKX (94.1 FM; SUNBURY, PA; Owner: SUNBURY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEGH (107.3 FM; NORTHUMBERLAND, PA; Owner: SUNBURY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W211BK (90.1 FM; LEWISBURG, PA; Owner: FAMILY WORSHIP CENTER CHURCH, INC.)
- WLZS (106.1 FM; BEAVER SPRINGS, PA; Owner: STARVIEW MEDIA, INC)
- W289AI (105.7 FM; SUNBURY, PA; Owner: NORTHEASTERN PENN. EDUC. TV ASSOC.)
- WPGM-FM (96.7 FM; DANVILLE, PA; Owner: MONTROSE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WFYY (106.5 FM; BLOOMSBURG, PA; Owner: RADIO FRIENDZ, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Lewisburg:
- WILF (Channel 53; WILLIAMSPORT, PA; Owner: PEGASUS BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, L.P.)
- W05BG (Channel 5; WILLIAMSPORT, PA; Owner: TRIPLE J COMMUNITY BROADCASTING., L.L.C.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2011 (per 100,000 population)
- Fatal accident count: 9
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 13
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 3
- Fatalities: 9
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 21
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 1
- Fatal accident count: 91
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 132
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 27
- Fatalities: 97
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 227
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 17
Total length: 10 meters (33ft)
Total average daily traffic: 45,994
Total average daily truck traffic: 2,646
Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic: 85,570
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Lewisburg, PA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 14 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 57 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Lewisburg)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 21 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Lewisburg)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
|Most common first names in Lewisburg, PA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Lewisburg, PA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Lewisburg, PA|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Kincaid||1|
|Comfort Suites||1||Rodeway Inn||1|
|Dunkin Donuts||1||Taco Bell||1|
|Fashion Bug||1||True Value||1|
Lewisburg on our top lists:
- #43 on the list of "Top 100 cities with old houses but young residents"
- #52 on the list of "Top 100 cities with highest percentage of college students (pop. 5,000+)"
- #85 on the list of "Top 100 cities with youngest residents (pop. 5,000+)"
Total of 35 patent applications in 2008-2015.