Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 09:59 AM

936 posts, read 2,396,784 times

Advertisements

I have friends coming up on April 30th. I am looking for something to do on May 1st which is a Friday. Any suggestions??? I live in Lake Ariel so something that is not too far, 40 min. drive max. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 10:05 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
I have friends coming up on April 30th. I am looking for something to do on May 1st which is a Friday. Any suggestions??? I live in Lake Ariel so something that is not too far, 40 min. drive max. Thanks!
You might check around and see if any pagan/wiccan groups are having any Beltane celebrations a/k/a "May Day". There should be lots of mead flowing and hopefully dancing around the May pole and just having a good old party to celelbrate the fertility of the soil and the warmth of the sun!

Sounds like oodles of fun to me.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-20-2009, 10:08 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
The SWB Yankees are playing at home that night.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
You might check around and see if any pagan/wiccan groups are having any Beltane celebrations a/k/a "May Day". There should be lots of mead flowing and hopefully dancing around the May pole and just having a good old party to celelbrate the fertility of the soil and the warmth of the sun!

20yrsinBranson
Huh???

Old 04-20-2009, 11:19 AM

620 posts, read 2,055,255 times
I was going to say the same thing 20yrsinBranson--good suggestion, what better could one do on May 1?

Old 04-20-2009, 11:20 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
I'd go with my suggestion...

Old 04-20-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
The SWB Yankees are playing at home that night.
Thats a great suggestion go phillies!!!

Aside from witches and such any other ideas. If anyone knows of a fair or an outside activity please let me know.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:03 PM

996 posts, read 3,277,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

20yrsinBranson

And where near Lake Ariel might this be happening????

Old 04-20-2009, 03:12 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
And where near Lake Ariel might this be happening????
You might be totally surprised! If you have a health food store in the area (a real one run by earth-loving-newage-hippie types), you might ask them, or if there is a metaphysical book store nearby, they might know also. You might have to go into a bit larger city to find these resources. There are various and sundery online directories that might point you to the right direction. You can also check into pagan-oriented news groups and message groups (Yahoo probably has a few) where you might find folks of this ilk nearby. Also, check to see if there is a local SCA chapter nearby or anyone who is fond of Renaissance festivals. They usually know some Paganish peoples.

Check around for radical country vegetarian country folk. Check Craigslist (or put in an ad saying you are looking for a fun Beltane celebration). Contact people nearby who sell herbs, do pottery.

Wiccans and pagans are everywhere, brother. But they try to blend into the woodwork so fundamentalist don't cause a stink. Start looking and asking and I'll bet you will find plenty running around in the woods after midnight! LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-20-2009, 07:16 PM

30 posts, read 78,635 times
The West Pittston Cherry Blossom Festival is scheduled for that weekend, but may not begin until Saturday at noon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania