Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 07:11 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellee1 View Post
Thanks everyone for your recommendations on beaches close to PA. I will definately try them out next time. I decided to go to O.C. Maryland & it was terrible! It's a very overcrowded beach, no parking, not handicapped accessible at all like they say they are, & the people were very rude they would just walk right over top of you. Will not be going there again....
Yes, OC would be the most crowded of all. Very busy place. People seem to like that the rentals are so, so, less costly there.
For a quiet beach....Bethany or Fenwick Island. Wildwood in some areas.
I think if you expressed for a more quiet and peaceful place it would have been the first two beaches.
Parking is difficult at OC...We had a group of family members turn back home because of it.
Although some in the family return there because who can beat $500 per week rather then $2500!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 07:27 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Parking is difficult at OC...We had a group of family members turn back home because of it.
Although some in the family return there because who can beat $500 per week rather then $2500!
Plus much cleaner beaches and boardwalk than anywhere in NJ.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:18 AM

232 posts, read 612,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Plus much cleaner beaches and boardwalk than anywhere in NJ.

You clearly have no clue about NJ beaches...............

Been to Sping lake, Sea Girt, Avalon. LBI ???? Beautiful CLEAN beaches.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Bloe View Post
You clearly have no clue about NJ beaches...............

Been to Sping lake, Sea Girt, Avalon. LBI ???? Beautiful CLEAN beaches.
Out of those, I've been to Avalon...nice enough, but Maryland beaches are still nicer and better kept.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:37 PM

1 posts, read 6,340 times
looking 4 a cheap hotel in oc md 4 sat sun 07/2-07/3 have no reservations, 4 my husband & I we r seperated, but r trying 2 get back together, been seeing ea. other daily LOL

Old 06-30-2011, 04:31 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
Out of those, I've been to Avalon...nice enough, but Maryland beaches are still nicer and better kept.
Just curious, what is your criteria and measurement of 'niceness' and 'better kept'? Is this beaches only?

Old 07-01-2011, 05:54 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Play nice guys and remember the TOS http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html-

Quote:
Our opinions on a location or issue are just that, opinions. Highly subjective. Personal preferences. Quirks, even. Leave wiggle room for dialogue, others may not see things the same as you, or been there as long as you, and any one of us can be wrong. Pouncing on someone you disagree with runs contrary to the spirit of this board and its members. We are here to help each other.
cbomb - You would have better luck posting on the Maryland forum or looking on tripadvisor.com

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:36 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Erie Pennsylvania ...Feel the Lake Effect (http://www.visiteriepa.com/presque_isle_state_park.shtml - broken link)

Old 07-01-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
Just curious, what is your criteria and measurement of 'niceness' and 'better kept'? Is this beaches only?
Maryland in general is cleaner than New Jersey.....plus the bay does not smell in MD like it does in NJ.....driving into the Jersey shore, especially around Wildwood, the bay smells like a sewage treatment plant. Plus OC MD is meticulous with cleaning the beaches....they run machines over the beach every night to clean up garbage.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:43 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
To each his own. There are quite a few nice, clean beaches in NJ, DE and MD. While I've enjoyed a stay in Atlantic City, Wildwood, Rehoboth, Ocean City, MD, they are not places where I would choose to vacation to enjoy 'the beach'. MY beach doesn't have a boardwalk, nor a menacing row of hotels, amusement parks, arcades, souvenir shops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania