Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 03:24 PM

2 posts, read 11,181 times

Advertisements

I just moved here and interviewing for a LPN position on the cancer unit of Geisinger Hospital in Wilkes Barre. Does anyone know what the pay scale is for a LPN with 10 years experience,full time on the midnight shift there, on that type of unit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 05:54 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,669,821 times
I know I read on here once that the wage was not good at the Geisinger. ( I can't seem to find the thread now.)
I know the girls who work at the doctors office complain. One wrote in the editorial of the Pocono Record that with all her years experience, she had thought it would count. She laughed at the rate, and left the interview.
Its so sad that PA just doesn't pay like other areas. Its a lot of training and tons of work to be paid so little.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:52 AM

2 posts, read 11,181 times
Thanks for the input Summering.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:35 PM

21 posts, read 56,085 times
Go to Salary Search | Indeed.com
This will give you an average of the salaries in the area, but remember if you work in a hospital you make more, better benefits than if you're an LPN in a dr office, but then again you may have more flexible hrs - no holidays, etc. Contact the human resources at the hospital, they will be more than happy to provide wage scales.
Another website to check out salaries is onetcenter.com
Good luck!

Old 11-13-2009, 06:54 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,141,443 times
Private Duty LPN'S ( home Care ) make $22-$32 an hr ..

Old 11-14-2009, 03:44 PM

34 posts, read 95,853 times
$12-$13 hr. they don't pay much.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:33 PM

936 posts, read 2,398,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kps88 View Post
$12-$13 hr. they don't pay much.
LPN's make about $35,000 per year, which is about $17 per hour. RN's probably make $50,000, which is about $25 per hour. Of course with experience you will make more. But all of this is also depending on where you work!

CNA's make about $10 per hour.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
LPN's make about $35,000 per year, which is about $17 per hour. RN's probably make $50,000, which is about $25 per hour. Of course with experience you will make more. But all of this is also depending on where you work!

CNA's make about $10 per hour.

LOL, not sure where you get paid 35K at any of the local hospitals. what if I told you my wife is an LPN and she has looked for better pay at every hospital and none pay 35K. I am talking local since that is what the thread asked. Cna's make a little more than $10 hr. They get paid a bit more than phlabotomists (they get around $10 hr).

Old 11-15-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I know I read on here once that the wage was not good at the Geisinger. ( I can't seem to find the thread now.)
I know the girls who work at the doctors office complain. One wrote in the editorial of the Pocono Record that with all her years experience, she had thought it would count. She laughed at the rate, and left the interview.
Its so sad that PA just doesn't pay like other areas. Its a lot of training and tons of work to be paid so little.
exactly. no LPN gets paid 35K around here.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:35 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times
There is a real range of what nurses - (both RNs and LPNs) make everywhere. Including where I live, on Long Island NY.
The range mentioned is about THE SAME on Long Island. There is also some overlap between RNs and LPNs. Private duty nurses ALWAYS earn the most - ANYWHERE.
LPNs who work for the State on NY for example, earn 13 -15 here in NY which is not enough to live on given that a one bedroom apartment rents for about 1000$
Doctors offices pay notoriously low.
RNs here make an average of 35 per hour. Less if they work for the sate - Lots more if the work private duty and forgo benefits.
THIS is why I think that NEPA is affordable. A "graying population" always generates many many health care jobs and nurses anywhere earn at the high end of that spectrum. Medical techs always earn less, phlebotomy techs etc.
This is why I do not understand why everyone is not jumping into nursing in a place like NEPA,
There may be a dearth of manufacturing or business related jobs, but health care - especially nursing is alive and well in NEPA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania