Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 07:53 PM

41 posts, read 211,633 times

Advertisements

I recently went to Pocono Pizza, after my sons game (Buckhorns), across from Lake Wallenpaupack. We had ordered a large pie to stay, well we sat down and in 5 minutes the pie was done, (it melted in your mouth) nice and hot, crispy, (and the oil dripping down as your taking your first bite) oh boy....THERE IS NOTHING BAD TO SAY BUT GO THERE AND TRY A SLICE.....It was so good that my wife was talking to me(I wasnt paying attention--sorry) I have been living here for about 8 years and I have never had Pizza like this......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 08:17 PM

947 posts, read 1,645,533 times
Have you been to Old Forge yet? It's the Pizza Capital. Great pizza everywhere. And in the Scranton/Old Forge area they call them "trays" not "pies". I always say tray when I am in other areas of the country and they look at me sideways.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:29 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,011,855 times
I do not get the attraction to Old Forge Pizza. []

I do not like oily pizza either.

The best pizza, in MY opinion, is Napolitano's in Newfoundland.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:46 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,857,132 times
Oh no....not the 'best pizza' discussion again!!

Old 09-30-2009, 08:51 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,785,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by design123 View Post
I recently went to Pocono Pizza, after my sons game (Buckhorns), across from Lake Wallenpaupack. We had ordered a large pie to stay, well we sat down and in 5 minutes the pie was done, (it melted in your mouth) nice and hot, crispy, (and the oil dripping down as your taking your first bite) oh boy....THERE IS NOTHING BAD TO SAY BUT GO THERE AND TRY A SLICE.....It was so good that my wife was talking to me(I wasnt paying attention--sorry) I have been living here for about 8 years and I have never had Pizza like this......

Sounds like great pizza, you don't get that up here much. I will try it. I hate most of pizza in this state.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:52 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,785,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
Have you been to Old Forge yet? It's the Pizza Capital. Great pizza everywhere. And in the Scranton/Old Forge area they call them "trays" not "pies". I always say tray when I am in other areas of the country and they look at me sideways.

Old Forge pizza is the most horrible stuff on the planet.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:12 PM

889 posts, read 2,578,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
I do not get the attraction to Old Forge Pizza.
I'm pretty much the same way, I don't get it. Never have.

On thing I always was curious about, with all the Italian heritage in Pittston, what do people from there think of Old Forge style Pizza?

Old 10-01-2009, 05:23 AM

41 posts, read 211,633 times
I had some horrible pizza in pa , I originally from from new york, you guys in pa do not know how to make good pizza period. I had pizza where it wasnt even cook , doughy pizza, cheese not melted all the way, just horrible pizza...dont let me get into the discussion of bad customer service either, some of these business owners should go to school for that,what you (pizza guys) think that since ur the only game in town you can treat people the way you do?.....well like i said thats another discussion.............

Old 10-01-2009, 05:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,793 times
OK, you know what, this remark is just rude and insulting.

Quote:
you guys in pa do not know how to make good pizza period
And this is why "old timers" tell people like YOU to go back to where you came from. And what's funny is that probably a good portion of the pizza places around here are owned by PEOPLE WHO ORIGINALLY CAME FROM NEW YORK.

Every day at my work, during lunch break, this one "Long Island Lassie" would go on and on and on about how this stinks here, that stinks here, she's not letting these hick doctors touch her, the bagels are lousy, the coffee is lousy, she has to go "back home" to find a good dentist, there's nothing to do here, blah blah blah...

I got sick of it. This is MY HOME and I really get tired of so called "high class" people MOVING HERE and then DISSING the place.

I told her, and I'll tell you - if it's not good enough for you, you are MORE than encouraged - you are in fact BEGGED - to go back to your New York Utopia where things are OH so much BETTER.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:36 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,838,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
Wow....we agree on something!

Nothing like a tray of red from Revello's....I love the cheese sticking to the roof of my mouth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania