Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 01:11 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times

Advertisements

OK......I happened to mention to my husband something I wanted to do, and soon. He told me I needed a "Bucket List." Now, these are not because you are dying tomorrow, or feel like you might. This list is because you enjoy life and don't want to have left this world without doing what is the most important, soulful, enjoyable to your heart and spirit. Whatever obligations that have held you back, and now you know you won't feel fullfilled without having done this.
I don't think it needs to be one hundred and one things......But, it should be a list of many sides.......Here is my list.......and what then would be yours?
(The Bucket List was a movie in 2007 of two men who would soon die of cancer...They made their Bucket List....)

1. Take a car trip across and around the United States
( go to states I havn't visited, places I yearn to explore)
2. Write a book thru the online book publisher I like
3. Go to the ocean more often then not.......and stay longer.
4. Buy that house in Florida, and spend just half of my time there.
5. Be with my soulful friends more, some are so dear to my heart
6. Share as much as my time with family that I can, we enjoy each others company always.
7. Continue to vacation with my girls and the little fellows
8.Keep decorating...Its fun...and the results are heartwarming.
9. Never, ever, buy in a place my children and their children wouldn't be welcomed.
10. Move my PA home by a "lake", and make it my last!
11. Never, ever, join a clique.......They are not good for anyone.
12. Always do kindness....kindness is what we should live by.
13. Forget politics.....it is such a waste of happy energy.
14. Hug........Always hug.......it helps you and it helps your friends.
15. Always look into my little fellows eyes, love them, treat them well......fill them with kindness.
Cause' no I won't miss my house, or my car, or things, when I leave this earth............I would miss my girls and the little fellows...my husband.......and all this" beauty" that surrounds us here.
I have put this in the NEPA threads as I'd like to know how other NEPA CD friends feel. Having known many of you for years, and years...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 07:11 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,953,306 times
When I was in 10th grade, one of the teachers told us to make a list of the things we hoped to accomplish in our lives. (This was about 60 years before anyone ever heard of The Bucket List).
We all did the assignment and some of us took it very seriously. As time went on, I added to the list. About a year ago, I came across that list and was surprised to see that I could cross off about half of the items. Of those that remained, I realized I no longer thought that many of them were important or necessary to my happiness.
Funny how age changes One's perception.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:51 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times
I have been pecking away at my list for the last 20+ years and have been fortunate enough to knock a lot of it off by this point in my life. This year will be the skydive and by the end of the year I hope to start with my flying lessons.

This is whats left....

1. Figure 8 trans-continental driving adventure around North and South America.
2. Surf in Figi
3. Sail from the East Coast down through the Caribbean and Panama Canal and up to the west coast of US.
4. Circumnavigate the globe in a sailboat
5. Paddle the full-Length of the Susquehanna River in 2011
6. Cross the Atlantic by Sailboat
7. Learn to fly
8. SkyDive this year 2010
9. Permanently retire to the Islands or Israel
10. See my son graduate from Prep
11. See my son graduate from the the US Naval Academy

Old 05-24-2010, 07:57 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,393 times
Interesting thread. I've always wanted to travel the US in a camper for a year and visit whatever I felt like visiting as the mood struck me. I don't know if I'll get around to it though - the older I get, the less I like to leave home for any length of time! I'll have to think on this more and see if I can put together a bucket list.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:49 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,048 times
I would like to:

1. Fly in an airplane, can't believe I never have....I really don't want to, I'm afraid of them, but I want to prove to myself that my fear is irrational.
2. Finish and publish my novel....and get back to writing full time. Helping the hubby follow his dream has put a bit of a dampner on my own...
3. Build Summering a PA Lake House that she will never want to leave...
4. Go to visit the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone & The Redwood Forest...

short list...i know...

Old 05-24-2010, 01:02 PM

127 posts, read 290,497 times
Sky diving

Old 05-24-2010, 01:07 PM

212 posts, read 502,404 times
reading things from summer ring and pocono proud are one of the major reasons why I think people from Pocono are friendly and nice. I cannot wait to move in as a weekender.
xoxo.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:19 PM

20 posts, read 79,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
I would like to:

1. Fly in an airplane, can't believe I never have....I really don't want to, I'm afraid of them, but I want to prove to myself that my fear is irrational.
2. Finish and publish my novel....and get back to writing full time. Helping the hubby follow his dream has put a bit of a dampner on my own...
3. Build Summering a PA Lake House that she will never want to leave...
4. Go to visit the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone & The Redwood Forest...

short list...i know...

You need to fly. It is cheaper than driving. You can fly to Fla for $89 on Southwest.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:04 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
1. Visit Europe and Japan
2. Visit every state in the US
3. Own my own business
4. Go back to school for a BA

Old 05-24-2010, 02:09 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,803,885 times
1. Try to live life, not just get thru it.
2. Our dream before we had kids was to drive to Ireland ; drive across to Alaska, across te Bering sea and into Russia, then on thru Europe and arrive home. It would still be a dream.
Take our boys across the country for a cross country drive.
3. Be the first to introduce our boys to the Continental Europe.
4. Finish my batchelors and maybe head for masters..
Just enjoy life and live more and not worry about the pennies too much.

Isnt it amazing how many of us want to travel ; and by car also. We have driven across from NY to Vancouver and also all over Nova Scotia. This year we hope to get back to Maine and Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania