Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 04:38 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,446,459 times

Advertisements

so what do we think of the name and plan for the stadium? I'm generally anti-development but if it adds to the community, I can get behind it. My son will absolutely love this and it sounds like it's going to be a neat development, with a brewery! Thoughts?

www.loudounhounds.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 04:52 PM

2,380 posts, read 4,501,642 times
I shall resist the temptation to ... oh, **** it.

Who let the dogs out? (woof, woof, woof, woof)

Old 09-22-2010, 04:55 PM

19,097 posts, read 16,922,412 times
Hey we adjusted to the Flying Squirrels, everytime i hear it I think of Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:02 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,294,776 times
It sounds awesome! Also, I found this interesting: Host Families (http://www.loudounhounds.com/hosts.php - broken link).

Old 09-22-2010, 05:08 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,869,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
so what do we think of the name and plan for the stadium? I'm generally anti-development but if it adds to the community, I can get behind it. My son will absolutely love this and it sounds like it's going to be a neat development, with a brewery! Thoughts?

www.loudounhounds.com
I was voting for "Dulles Cowboys" myself, but I like the Hounds as a name too. I can see people in the stands having fun going "woof! woof! woof!" And they could have some fun with the mascot.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpickrell View Post
I shall resist the temptation to ... oh, **** it.

Who let the dogs out? (woof, woof, woof, woof)
Why resist? You just know they're going to play that at every game!!!!

Old 09-22-2010, 05:16 PM

I love it, Loudoun is (or was) hunt country after all! The stadium will be called the Dog Pound I think right?

Old 09-22-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
I love it, Loudoun is (or was) hunt country after all! The stadium will be called the Dog Pound I think right?
The Dog Pound! Love it.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:24 PM

oops sorry its the Dog Yard

here's a description:

In recent years, baseball stadium design has come a long way, baby, and we’re taking it even further. There will be some amenities at this ballpark not found elsewhere.
  • NHL-sized public ice skating rink
  • On-site brewery overseen by local brewmaster
  • Multimillion-dollar interactive HD scoreboard
  • 22 private luxury suites with exclusive entrance and food service
  • Rocking chair section
  • Non-alcoholic family section
  • Multiple picnic pavilions
  • Kidsclusive rides and games
  • Radio broadcasts piped throughout the stadium grounds
With wide concourses that circumnavigate the entire ballpark, ample seats angled straight toward the action, plentiful food service featuring the cuisine of local eateries, clean restrooms, abundant wheelchair-accessible seating, and an attentive staff, you’ll bring the family or the date or the guys out to a Night on the Hounds again and again.
More than just a place for baseball, the “Hound Pound” will become your central focus for all entertainment, sports and culture in Loudoun. The ballpark will be a gathering place for locals, a destination for visitors and a prized landmark for Loudouners to be proud of. We haven’t had this level of venue around here before.
Our yard can be configured for football, lacrosse, soccer, baseball or softball, handling high school, college and professional competition. It will play host to shows, concerts, festivals and graduations. Local high school student-athletes will be thrilled to perform for their families in such big-time environs. In our yard, everyone will want to come out and play.
We are conscious of the park’s environmental impact in our picturesque Loudoun County with her meandering streams, bucolic forests and native wildlife. So our yard will be completely LEED-certified for its light footprint on the land that sustains and inspires us.
When you’re at the ballpark and have a question, problem, concern, suggestion, anything at all – find any Hounds staffer and bring it up. We’re all on the same team, and when we provide our fans with the highest possible value of affordable family fun and address their matters with immediate compassion, that’s when we are victorious.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:24 PM

1,652 posts, read 3,869,724 times
I like both 'the Loudoun Hounds' and 'the Richmond Flying Squirrels' (as team names). My personal favorite animal athletic mascot is the Southern Illinois (U.) Saluki!!!

A real saluki with two SIU Salukis:

It's relevant because salukis are sighthounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia