Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 09:24 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,413 times

Advertisements

Looking for a dog groomer in the Alexandrai/Arlington area that has reasonable prices, I have 2 dogs so it does get expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 06:05 AM

5,759 posts, read 10,723,135 times
Have you tried Petsmart? No idea how good they are, but their prices for nail clipping/grinding are reasonable.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:33 AM

4,489 posts, read 10,944,761 times
I really like Annandale Pet Spa on John Marr Drive. I've taken my dog there for nearly 3 years now and have always been pleased.

Here's my yelp review of the place from a couple years ago, but it all still applies:

Quote:
I've taken my dog here a couple times now, and been pretty pleased. I have a ~25 lb fluffy shelter mutt (sheltie/chow/spaniel?) and it costs about $60 to have her bathed and trimmed down (including nails).

The owner is great, and was able to fit me in when I called the day before or day of to set up a Friday appointment. I dropped my dog off early in the morning (8ish), and was able to come get her around 2:00. When I picked her up, her tail was wiggling and she knew where to go for treats, so I'm assuming she was spoiled while she was there!

The groomer who did her was very knowledgeable and talked to me for a few minutes about what I wanted, to make sure we were on the same page.

The only downside is that there were cigarettes on the counter/in pockets, and people looked a little disheveled, but meh...it's appearances. My dog came back pretty and happy (and smelling wonderful!), and that's all that mattered.
I usually have her teeth cleaned for an extra $10 or $15 too.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:42 PM

491 posts, read 1,170,511 times
Google "Grooming by Marcey," who works out of her home in Arlington (off Glebe, near the hospital).
I went there a few times with my first dog because I couldn't stand dropping the dog off so early in the morning at Canine Carousel (which did an OK job). It was easier for me to make an appointment with Marcey and wait (and watch) as she did the grooming. Marcey is really wonderful with dogs! She works on some of the county police dogs, too.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:10 AM

446 posts, read 1,648,056 times
You might want to ask the Old Town School for Dogs in Alexandria for a recommendation. They can for sure point you to a quality groomer in the area - price may be high though. Good luck.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:28 AM

23 posts, read 52,925 times
Have lived in the area a while, best I can find is "Happy Grooming" in Arlington. Seriously, that place rocks. Just don't take my appointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia