Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 12:54 PM

35 posts, read 55,759 times

Advertisements

The part when you first cross the bridge? I live near a big lots, and todos. It's mostly Spanish and run down. But it's safe. Why do most people hate Woodbridge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 01:06 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times
Gonna need to be a little clearer on where you are talking about. I know Woodbridge like the back of my hand and I can't even guess which area you live in.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Gonna need to be a little clearer on where you are talking about. I know Woodbridge like the back of my hand and I can't even guess which area you live in.
Hahahaha clearly you don't no it so good. It's near a Denny's and a chatholic clurch

Old 12-14-2012, 01:12 PM

979 posts, read 1,776,306 times
You just said yourself it's run down. I'd also guess the schools are rated lower than other areas (not sure about over there by Rt 1, but I know the schools closer to Dale City were rated significantly lower than those in Lake Ridge). I lived in Lake Ridge and, until they recently resurfaced the parking lot of that shopping center with the Big Lots, I had a hard time getting in and out of it without scraping the bottom of my car. That's also the only Five Guys I've ever seen shut down around here. Add to that the traffic on Rt. 1, and what's desirable about that part of Woodbridge when there are nicer (newer, cleaner, better maintained, etc.) areas close by that aren't much more expensive? Most people looking in Woodbridge are going for Lake Ridge or down by the new Wegmans town-center-wannabe (Stone Ridge or Potomac-something? I forget what that area is called).

Old 12-14-2012, 01:31 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVirginian555 View Post
The part when you first cross the bridge? I live near a big lots, and todos. It's mostly Spanish and run down. But it's safe. Why do most people hate Woodbridge?
The schools there have some of the lowest scores, it's an eyesore (not the residents' fault), it, as you said, it's very run down.

I don't hate Woodbridge, I live there, but that particular area you discuss doesn't have any features that people would find attractive. However, like yourself, plenty of people live in that area with no problems are like it just fine.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVirginian555 View Post
Hahahaha clearly you don't no it so good. It's near a Denny's and a chatholic clurch
I know the area but you don't say which neighborhood. Makes it hard to say too much. But that GENERAL area is pretty much run down as is much of the RT 1 corridor. That Denny's is a PITA on weekend nights when the drunks and morons invade after the bars close down. Punks and thugs galore. Marumsco Plaza is horrible as is Bayvue. I could go on but I don't NO much.

Also, it's KNOW and CATHOLIC.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:55 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
It does look like they are trying to spruce up Marumsco Plaza. There are some new stores that are sitting more on Rt. 1. I can't really tell what's going on with the existing stores as I'm usually trying to keep my eyes on the road.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
It does look like they are trying to spruce up Marumsco Plaza. There are some new stores that are sitting more on Rt. 1. I can't really tell what's going on with the existing stores as I'm usually trying to keep my eyes on the road.
That would be nice. So much of RT 1 needs sprucing up though and with the economy the way it is I'm afraid it will be years.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
I know the area but you don't say which neighborhood. Makes it hard to say too much. But that GENERAL area is pretty much run down as is much of the RT 1 corridor. That Denny's is a PITA on weekend nights when the drunks and morons invade after the bars close down. Punks and thugs galore. Marumsco Plaza is horrible as is Bayvue. I could go on but I don't NO much.

Also, it's KNOW and CATHOLIC.
Yeah man I live right beside Marumsco plaza, and across bayvue. I went to Freedom HS, it was kinda bad. No one cared at all.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Yeah they need to fix that big abandoned shopping center.. It's just decaying with graffiti and trash around it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia