Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:43 AM

621 posts, read 3,206,511 times

Advertisements

I have a great realtor if you need one. PM me if you want the name.

I bought in Villages of Piedmont in Haymarket by M/I Homes. Depending on what size you want they have a smaller TH that is 2100 sqft that starts at 289,900. Of course that does not have any upgrades at all. The one I bought starts at 324,900. However, I paid 340,000 for one that had A LOT of upgrades, but it was a spec house.

In haymarket/gainesville, there is a TON of New construction. Centex, M/I homes, Hovnanian (although they are not doing that great either), Ryan, Beazer(you know how I feel about them). They are all priced very well.

If you can, try and get a "spec" house. One that is already built or almost done. You will usually be able to get a very good deal on those. The builder wants to get rid of them, so they are usually willing to give a great price to unload it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 08:31 AM

566 posts, read 2,985,396 times
Get a realtor...one that knows new construction, knows where builders cut corners, will negotiate a price better than the last comp in the community and will be able get the builder to agree to let you use the lender of your choice - there are very few cases where I would agree to let a client use the builder's lender. Any decent realtor should know that there is a lot more to new construction than just signing the paperwork and showing up for the inspections and closing.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:32 PM

4 posts, read 14,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillp58 View Post
thanks for the help, i am interested in 2400 sq ft, any idea in wht range r they going, also one question how do check what is sold via loudoun accessor's website.
Real Estate Tax, Assessment & Parcel Database

type the property address in on the left side and you will come up with the owner's of that unit. You can then click on tax assessment to see what it sold for and what it is currently assessed at. There is also a "recent sales" icon that will bring up the most recent sales. Just be aware that there is a lag time between the actual selling date and when it gets posted on the assessor's site. Maybe up to a month, depending on the builder...

Going back to the agent thing, we had an agent, and again, I think it comes down to comfort level and knowledge. We originally were looking for a resale, but new construction actually ended up coming down in price first, so we went with that. Looking back, although our agent was good, I'm not sure we would have went him, or anybody for that matter...

Old 02-21-2008, 07:01 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
FWIW, I have heard very good things about the town center in Lansdowne. Looks like it's already a vibrant community. If you move there, be sure to check out the various community groups that meet at the National Conference Center (just a mile down Belmost Ridge Rd.) It's a great way to meet your neighbors.

I used to attend a toastmasters meeting there and met a bunch of interesting people from Lansdowne that way. That particular group attracts the late 20's-40's age group--but there are plenty of other groups if that does not appeal.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:38 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,888,220 times
BE arware of the very strcit HOA in Landsdowne as well.

It's over priced for the area IMHO when Leesburg and Ashburn Brambleton can all offer the same things exceot the Landsdowne name for 100k less. BUT...They are feeling the credit pinch, Those TH in 2005 were selling for well over 500-600k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia