Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:05 PM

555 posts, read 2,701,012 times

Advertisements

Or this-

By KIPP HANLEY
Published: October 22, 2008
An area man pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and attempted robbery Wednesday in connection with a home invasion robbery last year in Dale City.
George Rayfus Quinn, of no fixed address, will be sentenced Feb. 26 for his part in the botched home invasion that led to the shooting death of Dale City resident Jermaine Antonio Williams in May 2007.
In August, accomplice Dominique Laquan Morris pleaded guilty to first-degree murder, robbery, burglary and shooting in an occupied building. His sentencing is set for Dec. 12.
Quinn was already sentenced in June to 11 years and three months in federal prison for unrelated drug trafficking charges. Quinn pleaded guilty in December at U.S. District Court in Alexandria to a federal charge of conspiracy to distribute 50 grams or more of cocaine, according to court records.
According to police, Quinn, Morris and Ricardo Xavier Haley went to Williams’ house on May 7, 2007, to rob him of drugs. The men forced their way into the house and began shooting, killing Williams and injuring another man, police said.
Haley is charged with nine felonies, including first-degree murder and robbery, and is scheduled to enter a plea Oct. 30, according to his attorney, Steven Smith.
Staff writer Kipp Hanley can be reached at 703-878-8062.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 06:06 PM

Or this- STAFF Published: October 22, 2008 Police say a man arrested Wednesday in the gunpoint carjacking of a Safeway store manager is the same culprit who accosted a 6-year-old girl in the garage of her Bristow home earlier this month. Detectives charged Andre Aaron Jenkins, 39, of 9737 Kennoway Court in Bristow, with burglary in connection with an Oct. 7 incident at a home on that same street, police said. Jenkins is accused of jumping into a car to steal a purse about 6:50 a.m. that morning. But once inside the car, he encountered a 6-year-old girl waiting for her mother, Prince William County police Officer Erika Hernandez said in a released statement. The little girl fought off the intruder, who was then confronted by the girl’s mother. Police said they do not believe the incident was an abduction attempt. But the frightening confrontation sent fear through the community and prompted increased police patrols for days. A News & Messenger reporter interviewed Jenkins and his two children, who live across the street, the day after the incident. He said at the time that the neighborhood was plagued by teenagers buying and selling drugs. Detectives developed Jenkins as a suspect in that case after a Bristow Safeway store manager was carjacked at gunpoint and forced to drive back to his store Wednesday morning. Police said a masked gunman approached the victim about 5:30 a.m. in the 13500 block of Marr Lodge Lane in Bristow. He ordered the victim to drive to Safeway at Braemar Village Plaza in Bristow. The victim’s wife called 911 and police interrupted the robbery as the victim came out of the store. Police did not say whether Jenkins was arrested at the scene Wednesday morning or captured later. Jenkins has also been charged in connection with a robbery on Sept. 1 at the Giant at 7575 Linton Hall Road in Gainesville. Police said a man dressed in a Spiderman costume walked into the store at closing time, implied he had a gun and forced three employees into the cashier’s office. After handcuffing one worker, he ordered another to open the safe. He then took cash and fled. In all, Jenkins is charged with three counts of abduction, two counts of use of a firearm in a felony, burglary and armed robbery, police said. In his interview with the News & Messenger, Jenkins said he was walking his dog when the girl was accosted. He also said he had witnessed a man who fit the police description of the would-be abductor jogging in the neighborhood earlier in the week. His 11-year-old son told the News & Messenger that he was a witness to the attempted abduction that morning. The boy was also interviewed by a local television station, where he told their reporter the same story. He said he was a family friend of the mother and the 6-year-old girl. Jenkins said the neighborhood was plagued by a group of teenagers who were using Kennoway Court to buy and sell drugs – a group he said might be responsible for the attempted abduction. Police earlier this month refuted Jenkins claim, saying officers had been called to the neighborhood only one time over a 12-month period, for a suspicious vehicle that was gone when they arrived. He is being held without bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 9.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:12 PM

Or how bout this-

Published: October 20, 2008

Police said a man shot in the head during a home invasion in Dumfries last week walked to a nearby fire station for help.

Detectives believe that the man who was shot was one of three armed men who forced their way into a town house in the 2900 block of Buell Court at about 8:25 p.m. Thursday, said Erika Hernandez, Prince William police spokeswoman, in a release Monday.

The victims, a man and a woman who were in the house at the time of the intrusion, called police and reported a burglary in progress.

The three gunmen forced the man and the woman to the third level of the town house where the shooting occurred, Hernandez said.

Police did not release details of the how the shooting unfolded.

The gunmen, including the one who was shot in the head, jumped from the third floor window to escape.

A police canine unit found another of the men hiding a short distance away, with an injured leg. Police could not find the third man, Hernandez said.

The man who was shot was later flown to an area hospital with non life-threatening injuries, Hernandez said.

Police said the identities of the gunmen are “being developed.” No arrests had been made by Monday.

The victims were not injured, Hernandez said.

Keith Walker can be reached at 703-369-6751.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis15 View Post
Again you have proven how asinine you are by trying to attack me. Once again you've displayed your typical state of being a juvenile deliquent.

One, lets first analyze the facts because that is what people with more aptitude and intelligence usually concur to do.

Two, context clues are inevitably needed when corresponding to any text.
Who said I was on the viewpoint of a mother/father/child tender?

The more appropriate answer one can conceive from this story is that from a younger demographic that can TELL what might happen because of her actions.

I referenced my hockey story with correlation to her story to undeniably pronounce the repercussions that might take place as a result due to her before actions. She is worried about what MIGHT be done, and I told her.

I am again sorry that someone with a lack of intellectual superiority couldn't come up with the analysis needed to perform the task at hand.

Again, you have proven another example of incompetent minds that a measely cop has, and especially those with Adminstration of Justice degrees to comprehend a clearcut answer as my own.
I find it interesting you choose to attack me personally. I have been in the military, earned my degree, and have been a police officer for a good amount of time. I have also been an intel analyst for DHS at the NOC. While doing a quick look into your posts, I see that someday (when you grow up and finally get a job) you want to be involved with DHS intel as well. Good luck with that young man . Funny, when I was your age I had already seen the world and served my country for five years. I guess that proves my "incompetent" mind just can't handle a superior intellect as you.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:23 AM

847 posts, read 3,352,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrovic View Post
Or how bout this-

Published: October 20, 2008

Police said a man shot in the head during a home invasion in Dumfries last week walked to a nearby fire station for help.

Detectives believe that the man who was shot was one of three armed men who forced their way into a town house in the 2900 block of Buell Court at about 8:25 p.m. Thursday, said Erika Hernandez, Prince William police spokeswoman, in a release Monday.

The victims, a man and a woman who were in the house at the time of the intrusion, called police and reported a burglary in progress.

The three gunmen forced the man and the woman to the third level of the town house where the shooting occurred, Hernandez said.

Police did not release details of the how the shooting unfolded.

The gunmen, including the one who was shot in the head, jumped from the third floor window to escape.

A police canine unit found another of the men hiding a short distance away, with an injured leg. Police could not find the third man, Hernandez said.

The man who was shot was later flown to an area hospital with non life-threatening injuries, Hernandez said.

Police said the identities of the gunmen are “being developed.” No arrests had been made by Monday.

The victims were not injured, Hernandez said.

Keith Walker can be reached at 703-369-6751.

Sounds to me like the homeowners had to defend themselves, and the police just came after the fact to scoop up the two burglars who were too injured to get away.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:46 PM

194 posts, read 590,027 times
Quote:
I find it interesting you choose to attack me personally. I have been in the military, earned my degree, and have been a police officer for a good amount of time. I have also been an intel analyst for DHS at the NOC. While doing a quick look into your posts, I see that someday (when you grow up and finally get a job) you want to be involved with DHS intel as well. Good luck with that young man . Funny, when I was your age I had already seen the world and served my country for five years. I guess that proves my "incompetent" mind just can't handle a superior intellect as you.
You posted up reports where the incidents took place a year ago. That serves no relevance. Anyone can find "dirt" on any city, both rural and urban. That doesn't diminish the facts that typically speaking, nothing happens.

I didn't start the bickering if you actually went back and looked. You did, and I represented my knowledge in the best of its ability.

You post up irrelevant stats like I care. Good for you, you earned the easiest degree someone can major in, congrats. You served in the military, congrats ( I wonder if you were a paper-pusher or a respectable grunt. Im going with the before). You've served as part of the most pathetic police force in VA, congrats. ( I say this knowing many who are cops in the PWC)

Seeing the world? Such a vague statement when the world is comprised of 190+ countries. I'd place a bet that during your tenure in the military you only were placed in 3-4 countries max. What a laughable statement.

I've been to 74 countries since I was 16.

Yes, to answer your question I do want to do intel if its in the CIA, FBI, DoD, or DHS.

I don't know where your trying to go at, but yes I most definitely proven my intellectual superiority over you.

Lets let this thread go in peace.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis15 View Post
You posted up reports where the incidents took place a year ago. That serves no relevance. Anyone can find "dirt" on any city, both rural and urban. That doesn't diminish the facts that typically speaking, nothing happens.

I didn't start the bickering if you actually went back and looked. You did, and I represented my knowledge in the best of its ability.

You post up irrelevant stats like I care. Good for you, you earned the easiest degree someone can major in, congrats. You served in the military, congrats ( I wonder if you were a paper-pusher or a respectable grunt. Im going with the before). You've served as part of the most pathetic police force in VA, congrats. ( I say this knowing many who are cops in the PWC)

Seeing the world? Such a vague statement when the world is comprised of 190+ countries. I'd place a bet that during your tenure in the military you only were placed in 3-4 countries max. What a laughable statement.

I've been to 74 countries since I was 16.

Yes, to answer your question I do want to do intel if its in the CIA, FBI, DoD, or DHS.

I don't know where your trying to go at, but yes I most definitely proven my intellectual superiority over you.

Lets let this thread go in peace.
Those reports were within the last week, only one of them was the result of a prior case. Reading comprehension is great!!!

I was in Security Forces, very far from a "paper pusher". Having said that, even if I was a paper pusher it is still time away from your family and serving your country. I was in about twenty countries while in the military. Military members get deployed genius.

What officers in PWC do you know? Prove it with some names. My guess is you are lying. I have posted facts and real news to back up my opinions, you have posted nothing but ignorant opinions based on no fact. You are a college kid, you think you know everything but in reality you know nothing. Get some real life experience, it's much more valuable than any college education. Think for yourself, don't believe everything some liberal college professor tells you.

Again, good luck on getting an intel job without a military backround. I hope you have connections. Or you could always man up and go into the military. I'm sure you don't have the courage, but it would get you into the intel job.

Last edited by jaywallace; 10-25-2008 at 06:20 PM..

Old 10-25-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanyali View Post
Sounds to me like the homeowners had to defend themselves, and the police just came after the fact to scoop up the two burglars who were too injured to get away.
If by scoop up you mean foot pursuit, then yes. And also if you mean they interviewed the suspects a turned them against each other therefore proving the case, then yes.

My point for posting those stories were in reference to Nemesis saying nothing goes on in PWC. That was just off of the first three police related stories in the Potomac News.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:29 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
As I said in a similarly heated discussion in the "gangs" thread... please simmer down.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:02 PM

413 posts, read 1,164,679 times
Quote:
Those reports were within the last week, only one of them was the result of a prior case. Reading comprehension is great!!!

I was in Security Forces, very far from a "paper pusher". Having said that, even if I was a paper pusher it is still time away from your family and serving your country. I was in about twenty countries while in the military. Military members get deployed genius.

What officers in PWC do you know? Prove it with some names. My guess is you are lying. I have posted facts and real news to back up my opinions, you have posted nothing but ignorant opinions based on no fact. You are a college kid, you think you know everything but in reality you know nothing. Get some real life experience, it's much more valuable than any college education. Think for yourself, don't believe everything some liberal college professor tells you.

Again, good luck on getting an intel job without a military backround. I hope you have connections. Or you could always man up and go into the military. I'm sure you don't have the courage, but it would get you into the intel job.
Out of 4, 1 of them was from a year ago. I sense some faulty biased info. is at play.

I'm gonna have to call BS on the Special Forces, buddy. Good try, but I dont know what fairy tale you live in, but I'm guessing your lying big time.

The facts: you claim to be in the military for 5 years

SF training includes
-9 weeks of boot camp like everyone else
- 3 weeks of airborne
- 30 days of SO prep. course
- 24 days SF selection and assessment
then if you can endure all that qualification courses
- 13 weeks of individual skills
- 14 weeks of MOS training
- 10 or even more weeks of language training
- 3 to 4 weeks of collective training
-and SERE

Special Forces is a decade long investment, I highly doubt you were part of it. I know all of this because my dad is ex- military from Thailand and they have a special agreement in sending students first to VMI, Citadel, and other military institutions, and then have a special physical seminar at Bragg. So I have seen the time it takes to be an SF. Even more, please have the courage to give me your name so I can ask my dad to call up his friend who is a col. at the 7th special forces unit at fort bragg. I'm assuming you're just a pogue though.

Why would i possibly give the names of people I know who work for PWC? So you can call up your police friends and have them interrogated. I'm just gonna say that i know one who is younger below 23, and one who is from New York.

I'm in a co-op for the CIA, but the paperwork and insight they give students is minimal at best. That is why I made a thread to ask about potential jobs with my qualifications and language skill. But i do have my clearance and thats always a head start.

You are right, being in the military does give you a head start on the career in intel, but coming from a military family, I am inclined to resort to the army as my last resort.

Lastly, I would like to say I apologize if you truly were SF and not a pogue, and for the insightful and kind thoughts to think for myself.

-Cheers

Last edited by Nemesis16; 10-25-2008 at 08:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia