Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:51 AM

2,765 posts, read 8,330,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Yep. The Wegman's in Wilkes-Barre is located just off Exit 168 of I-81 in NEPA. Wegman's is amazing, and I'm glad that this is ONE nice thing we Yankee transplants are bringing along with us besides our abysmal attitudes and aggressive driving! LOL! Since then the entire area around Wegman's in Wilkes-Barre has really blown up with dozens of other big-box stores, chain restaurants, six-lane roadways, etc.
It was not the Yankees who brought you Wegmans, it was the good ol' Upstate New Yorkers in Rochester, NY. Not to be confused with downstate NYers, " who notoriously have abysmal attitudes and are aggressive drivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 01:56 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
By the way, there's now a SuperGiant and a SuperSafeway near Fairfax. The SuperGiant is in Oakton on Chain Bridge Road. The SuperSafeway is just off of Fairfax Circle.
Sounds super duper!

Old 05-03-2009, 05:51 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,893,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The SuperSafeway is just off of Fairfax Circle.
Where off Fairfax Circle? South on Old Lee Hwy? Thanks

Old 05-04-2009, 03:49 AM

722 posts, read 1,981,867 times
I think it's a reference to the Safeway at the Pam Am Shopping Center, which is at the intersection of Lee Hwy & Nutley Street. Not far from the Vienna Metro and 66. It's a big plaza, it has a MicroCenter, Baja Fresh and Glory Days, too, among many others. And about 15 different banks, for some reason.

That Safeway is easily the biggest and nicest one I've seen in the area, but that isn't saying a whole lot. Its no Wegmans or Harris Teeter. It has a Starbucks in it even though there is a free-standing Starbicks practically next door. I wonder why that company is losing money Anyway, the Safeway's prices are high and the produce is mediocre at best. It's close to me so I run in there when I need a quick thing or two, but I never do my big weekly shopping there. They do have a nice deli area that sees a lot of business - people from the offices down the road are always getting sandwiches for lunch.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:56 AM

488 posts, read 1,747,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athousandlogins View Post
I think it's a reference to the Safeway at the Pam Am Shopping Center, which is at the intersection of Lee Hwy & Nutley Street. Not far from the Vienna Metro and 66. It's a big plaza, it has a MicroCenter, Baja Fresh and Glory Days, too, among many others. And about 15 different banks, for some reason.

That Safeway is easily the biggest and nicest one I've seen in the area, but that isn't saying a whole lot. Its no Wegmans or Harris Teeter. It has a Starbucks in it even though there is a free-standing Starbicks practically next door. I wonder why that company is losing money Anyway, the Safeway's prices are high and the produce is mediocre at best. It's close to me so I run in there when I need a quick thing or two, but I never do my big weekly shopping there. They do have a nice deli area that sees a lot of business - people from the offices down the road are always getting sandwiches for lunch.
its one of those newly redesigned Safeways.
It has a gas station too.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:02 AM

722 posts, read 1,981,867 times
Yeah, the gas prices there are pretty good and you get a discount with your Safeway card, that's always nice.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:53 AM

33 posts, read 135,113 times
Default The Manassas Supercenter...

Opens October 28th.

I can see it now...Halloween costumes all over the floors and strung over other items.
Christmas season it'll be like an NFL parking lot.

HOW EXCITING!!

(I just want my Kashi at a good price, dang-it.)

Old 09-28-2009, 11:10 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova10 View Post
Opens October 28th.

I can see it now...Halloween costumes all over the floors and strung over other items.
Christmas season it'll be like an NFL parking lot.

HOW EXCITING!!

(I just want my Kashi at a good price, dang-it.)
It is so funny to hear you say that, since that is the way it would be in S Texas where I was raised.I always hear people talk about how nasty Walmarts are and I think it just depends on where you live.

I noticed the regular Walmart in Woodbridge was pretty crowded and I know the 2 in Alexandria are crowded, but the one in Stafford and then in Fredricksburg weren't bad. They weren't trashed, there weren't tons of people. We live in NM and the one there is nice and never trashed or nasty, busy on the weekends, the first and the last of the month.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:21 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,245,859 times
I just hope business around the existing Wal-mart doesn't suffer. I like super Wal-marts they're conveinent but is it me or does Manassas already have a LOT of grocery stores then they're building that Harris Teeter on Liberia.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:07 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,322,548 times
Manassas Mall has a Target. I hope it doesn't struggle with the opening of WalMart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia