Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 02:14 PM

404 posts, read 1,094,254 times

Advertisements

In the middle of a large intersection during a blizzard of historic proportions. I didn't see too many people outside attempting to drive, unless of course they wanted to show off their big, tough SUV (before they flipped it in a ditch).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 02:54 PM

555 posts, read 2,701,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Yes, I think he should be fired. This kind of incident is the incompentency I expect from DC area cops.
What do you mean by "DC area cops"?

Old 12-20-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
I certainly hope you are not a real attorney as everyone will be convicted if you're defending them.
I was thinking the same thing. It's funny how people just makes stuff up and post it on the internet as fact.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
You could watch this video, which has almost the entire incident.
I think if anybody bothered to watch the whole video, fox news was correct. You can see the protest signs in the hands of a couple people. On the fact of it, i would agree it appears a little much for the detective to have his gun out. But, he was getting pelted even after identifying himself as an officer and telling people to stop. It is a felony to throw a snowball or any other object at a moving vehicle (throwing missiles at occupied vehicle). I do think both sides were wrong, but it's a shame most news agencies (and a bunch of people here) always blame the cops for everything. It appears both sides were to blame. Also, the responding officer (uniformed) seemed to do a good job controlling the scene and calming everyone down. Of course, nobody is going to commend a cop, but I thought he did a good job.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:18 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywallace View Post
What do you mean by "DC area cops"?
Prince George's County PD, Alexandria PD, Fairfax County PD, DCPD, Montgomery PD etc.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:45 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,382,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis16 View Post
I bet they were pissing their pants after a black man with a pistol walked out of the Hummer. The thing is, those idiots were having a snowball fight in the middle of a big intersection on U Street.
As much as I think the officer was very much in the wrong for pulling his gun, these people didn't seem too bright either.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:52 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Prince George's County PD, Alexandria PD, Fairfax County PD, DCPD, Montgomery PD etc.

Sounds like you just have an ax to grind. Everything is the fault of anyone other than Alanboy. I'll bet you believe all cops are racist and are after you.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:56 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,238,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywallace View Post
It is a felony to throw a snowball or any other object at a moving vehicle (throwing missiles at occupied vehicle).
Wrong!! Why don't you read the statute before you make such an ignorant statement:

It shall not be lawful for any person or persons within the District of Columbia to throw any stone or other missile in any street, avenue, alley, road, or highway, or open space, or public square, or inclosure, or to throw any stone or other missile from any place into any street, avenue, road, or highway, alley, open space, public square, or inclosure, under a penalty of not more than $500 for every such offense.

An offense with a $500 fine and no prison time is not a felony. The level of legal knowledge on here is abominable. Basically this is akin to public urination.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:03 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,669,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Wrong!! Why don't you read the statute before you make such an ignorant statement:

It shall not be lawful for any person or persons within the District of Columbia to throw any stone or other missile in any street, avenue, alley, road, or highway, or open space, or public square, or inclosure, or to throw any stone or other missile from any place into any street, avenue, road, or highway, alley, open space, public square, or inclosure, under a penalty of not more than $500 for every such offense.

An offense with a $500 fine and no prison time is not a felony. The level of legal knowledge on here is abominable. Basically this is akin to public urination.

That statute doesn't mention occupied vehicles...maybe there's another one to address that (I don't know).

Not DC, but there an incident on I-95 in VA recently where a woman pulled some considerable jail time for throwing a McDonald's soda cup at another motorist...

Old 12-20-2009, 05:08 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Sounds like you just have an ax to grind. Everything is the fault of anyone other than Alanboy. I'll bet you believe all cops are racist and are after you.
You don't know me so you have no right to make judgements on me or what I think.

I'm just from a place where the cops remember they are public servants first and not vigilantes or revenue collectors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia