Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 01:40 PM

540 posts, read 791,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gth790r View Post
Why exactly does everyone here think this place is not walkable from Clarendon/metro?

108 South Courthouse Road
Arlington, VA 22204
this is the address from the website, and from this map it looks literally down the street from Court House metro and only several blocks away from Clarendon. What is your point of comparison? I am not trying to argue I just want to clarify--I am moving to Arlington in a month or two and I would LOVE to take part in the WALKABLE nightlife of Clarendon without paying $2000 a month to do so, and I was under the impression this place would allow me to do it. Where are you guys talking about walking from? Any info would be appreciated!!
I've rented in both Bedford Park (just north of Myerton on the other side of 50) and in a building straight south of Myerton on Columbia Pike. I'd say that it is around a 20 minute walk from Clarendon. Straight down Wash. Blvd. and not through any sketchy areas.

I think when people talk about "walkable", they are thinking of going to work. You probably wouldn't want that walk every day to the Metro line, but I know of at least one bus (24P) that runs the route and I think there is at least one more. As far as nightlife goes, it depends on a few things: the weather, your state of dress, time consideration. If you are going drinking at Whitlow's on a summer night and you have comfortable shoes on, sure, it isn't much of a problem to walk home. If it is winter and you are going to a date at Liberty Tavern and are dressed up, then I'd suggest a cab or the bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 02:01 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,315,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gth790r View Post
Why exactly does everyone here think this place is not walkable from Clarendon/metro?

108 South Courthouse Road
Arlington, VA 22204
this is the address from the website, and from this map it looks literally down the street from Court House metro and only several blocks away from Clarendon. What is your point of comparison? I am not trying to argue I just want to clarify--I am moving to Arlington in a month or two and I would LOVE to take part in the WALKABLE nightlife of Clarendon without paying $2000 a month to do so, and I was under the impression this place would allow me to do it. Where are you guys talking about walking from? Any info would be appreciated!!
It is about two miles from the Clarendon Metro. Here's a map from the Myerton web site: Myerton Apartments - Area Map (http://www.myerton.com/Area_Map.html - broken link)

Old 09-22-2010, 04:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,154 times
I've lived here for 1 1/2 years. It's a beautiful place to live. I always get lots of compliments when someone pulls up to the gate and when they see my kitchen. Yes, very little storage in my 1 bedroom apt. The washer/dryer is awful. I understand from management that they were made in China. For every load you wash, you have to split it and dry each half separately for a long time or else pull it out after it has partially dried and let it dry the rest on its own. Maintenance is great. We've had trouble with a young crowd making a lot of noise on the weekends and even damaging the outdoor plants and moving heavy chairs that aren't meant to be moved. The pool is very refreshing and opened up early this past summer. A big downside is that they are rapidly increasing the rental rate. I started out with a deal. I got two months of rent for free that was incorporated into my monthly payments for a year. So I was paying $1,199 a mo., plus $50 for two cats, plus $20 for trash removal. Yes, it's extremely pet friendly, just be sure that you like animals. My rent would have increased to $1,600 if I hadn't commited to another 6 months, so it went up to $1,300, plus $50 cats, $20 trash and now they're charging $30 for water with a $3.99 procesing fee. I got this rate only because I agreed to commit to another 6 months. It's up for renewal in January.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: