Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 10:10 PM

3 posts, read 7,308 times

Advertisements

Thanks very much for the transportation info. Do you think it would be a practical place to live for a disabled person who really doesn't need to get out much. Would like to do without car. Mostly looking for affordable, safe place to care for wife. I hold her up and walk her back and forth across condo to keep leg strength. As long as we can get groceries, being close to anything doesn't matter. Thinking of buying at MVT. Our situation is rather different, because if we moved there it would pretty much be our world. In 80s and 90s I managed several buildings in Honolulu. Now I'm thinking it might be a good time to come back from mainland. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 11:06 PM

159 posts, read 367,358 times
The complex has beautiful grounds and a nice pool area, definately as safe as one can get nowadays with the guards. The views should be a happy thing for both of you.

Socially it might be a bit isolated without the ease of having a car, but then again maybe you'll make friends with other neighbors who have a car. ; )

Old 07-25-2011, 09:40 PM

3 posts, read 7,308 times
Default Mahalo!

Aloha_Silverlining, Thanks for the advice, it's been a big help. The main thing now is logistical, making the flights with my wife. She requires round the clock care and things aren't always simple, but it looks like things would work out fine there. First place I managed there in 1984 was Horizon View Tower in Salt Lake, the maint. man was from Makaha and we were good friends.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,197 times
Husband wants to retire this year to Hawaii and wants to buy a condo at Makaha Valley Towers. This will be a second home until I can afford to retire as well and move to Hawaii (10 years?)! He will be living in Hawaii about half the time, hopefully being able to rent it out when he is not there. Since prices are low right now, is now a good time to jump in? Anybody else in the same situation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu