Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 05:35 PM

69 posts, read 268,831 times

Advertisements

This may sound like a weird question. I am female and I am not black myself, but I have a tendency to be more attracted to black men or partially black men. Not African though, black American. I know the black population is very small in Hawaii... Unfortunately I am least attracted to Asians and I know I am going to a place with 50% asian. Will I have any issues finding someone to date? It may be short term while I am there, but it would be nice to still date someone in the short term. I understand most people have said the black people are usually in the military and I will be working on a military base as a contractor.

What nightclubs or bars would be more frequented by black clientele? I know where I am from now, some bars/clubs gear towards certain clientele or have particular nights of the week that would attract different ethnic groups. Not sure if this is the same in Hawaii.

I know I may be going to the wrong place for dating if these are my preferences! Either way I am fine with my decision to move to Honolulu and look forward to enjoying adventures and meeting new people for friendships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 06:52 PM

285 posts, read 1,082,896 times
you wont have any problem

Old 01-29-2012, 10:04 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,825,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relocater2HI78 View Post
This may sound like a weird question. I am female and I am not black myself, but I have a tendency to be more attracted to black men or partially black men. Not African though, black American. I know the black population is very small in Hawaii... Unfortunately I am least attracted to Asians and I know I am going to a place with 50% asian. Will I have any issues finding someone to date? It may be short term while I am there, but it would be nice to still date someone in the short term. I understand most people have said the black people are usually in the military and I will be working on a military base as a contractor.

What nightclubs or bars would be more frequented by black clientele? I know where I am from now, some bars/clubs gear towards certain clientele or have particular nights of the week that would attract different ethnic groups. Not sure if this is the same in Hawaii.

I know I may be going to the wrong place for dating if these are my preferences! Either way I am fine with my decision to move to Honolulu and look forward to enjoying adventures and meeting new people for friendships.
No girl, there are plenty of military guys, both active and retirees (not sure of your age preference). Also, there are Black men that have moved there for civilian jobs and to attend school. There is not as many as you would find in Los Angeles or D.C, but there are plenty. Oh and also, there a several predominately Black Churches that are decent places to meet folks.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:31 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,576 times
Quote:

age?? friday nights after 12..... the place to be...Rumours Nightclub - Honolulu, HI

Old 01-29-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
age?? friday nights after 12..... the place to be...Rumours Nightclub - Honolulu, HI
Late 20's to mid-30's age range preferred. I am in my early 30's.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
No girl, there are plenty of military guys, both active and retirees (not sure of your age preference). Also, there are Black men that have moved there for civilian jobs and to attend school. There is not as many as you would find in Los Angeles or D.C, but there are plenty. Oh and also, there a several predominately Black Churches that are decent places to meet folks.

LOL - the church. As a non-black and an atheist I am thinking that might not be great for me to go there. Or I could try hahaha

Old 01-29-2012, 11:31 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,576 times
Quote:
Late 20's to mid-30's age range preferred. I am in my early 30's.
check out Roumors as far as night clubs... lol but beware.... you know the game!! local/black mix of people

other clubs you might wannah check out is Pearl, kinda snooty stuck up people your age, dress good mostly locals Asians

try yelp... for other night clubs or interests you may have. I can tell you for fact Roumors saturday night if you like men of color its where you want to be.

I am involved with my church I don't see to many men that you maybe interested. then again.... you can always pray about it.
God answers prayers.....

Old 01-30-2012, 11:16 AM

11,050 posts, read 24,024,330 times
Asking an atheist to pray about it seems almost the same as slapping a steak on a vegetarian's plate. I doubt it will be appreciated all that much, definitely not as much as if one would have kept the steak for ones' self. As with everything else in Hawaii, there is a really broad spectrum of available options, even among perceptions of Deity(s) or the lack thereof.

For finding short term black men, working on a military base, there shouldn't be much of a problem at all. Another option would be Fort DeRussy beach in Waikiki. Then you can find black men in swim suits.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:07 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,231,682 times
Zanzabar night club in Waikiki.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:49 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Interesting there seems to be not a single black man who responds in these forums to be able to answer her question, I guess it kind of matches the demographics of Hawaii......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu