Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2006, 05:00 AM

12 posts, read 113,817 times

Advertisements

My family and I are planning to relocate and Honolulu Hawaii is on our list of choices. We visited Hawaii a few years ago and we loved it since we also come from another island called Guam. We heard the job market is good and the economy is booming. How is the real estate market? How is the job industry in Mortgage and Real Estate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2006, 01:59 AM

10 posts, read 39,311 times
Default hope for the best and expect the worst

honolulu has its good and bad points. i lived in guam for 4 years and had a good job there and figured that with my background and education, won't have any problems finding a job here. i was wrong. i'm middle management in the marketing industry and what i experienced here is that they would rather hire a local than an outsider. not sure how it is with the real estate industry. then if you're haole, it's even worse. the locals / or those who have been here long enough band together.. cost of living is way out of this world and most lower income people need to have two jobs to afford anything here. however, the island has more to offer than in guam. it's a great place if you have kids. there is more things to do here, both for kids and for adults. there's theater, the opera, the zoo etc etc.. you know what i mean. plus more performing artists and athletes come to visit here too. U2 is coming, etc etc. it's also so much more beautiful here, though i think that tumon beach still beats the beaches here. i heard that in real estate, you have to know people to make it. that's what my realtor said before... it was kinda hard for her because she didn't know a lot of people.. hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: