Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 12:36 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,548,469 times

Advertisements

I think recalling politicians is an EXCELLENT idea. The REAL reason I wanna win the lottery is to buy a home in Shannon Jones' district... BTW, I heard the firefighter interviewed on WLW that is gearing up to run against her and I hope he wins!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 01:21 PM

314 posts, read 640,188 times
What a crock of f**king s**t. I just can't believe it. Republicans pushing for deregulation of the banks, and the banks themselves, ruin the economy, and the "solution" is to screw the middle class even harder. Awesome.

When I was moving here the one silver lining was that I was finally moving to a state where total and utter political and economic ignorance and rampant greed didn't rule the day. Guess those days are over.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:16 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,208,846 times
I understand that the bill doesn't have the power to void any current collective bargaining agreements that are in place. For the majority of union contracts out there there isn't going to be any changes until 2012 at the earliest. So much for Kasich claiming SB 5 would save $1.9 billion in 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davery5872 View Post
That's true. Supposedly, the bill eliminates all the accumulated sick leave for teachers, but the bill will not go into effect for 90 days after passage. If this passes in the next few weeks, think we will see any teachers for the rest of the year?

I do think this is retribution, also. And I think it will pass. If it does not pass, that would be a major screw up of the Ohio Republican leadership. It will pass on a 17-16 vote. Six Republican senators, in strong union districts, will be allowed to vote no. But it will not matter.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:17 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,096,732 times
And come 2012, I'm planning to take part in the great American tradition of voting their *sses out of office. The GOP has gone way too far and gotten way too crazy.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:22 PM

913 posts, read 2,364,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I understand that the bill doesn't have the power to void any current collective bargaining agreements that are in place. For the majority of union contracts out there there isn't going to be any changes until 2012 at the earliest. So much for Kasich claiming SB 5 would save $1.9 billion in 2011.

Not entirely true. A lot of teacher contracts have only been for one year. Many of these contracts expire on June 30th.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:44 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,397,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
And come 2012, I'm planning to take part in the great American tradition of voting their *sses out of office. The GOP has gone way too far and gotten way too crazy.
and the liberals in the Whitehouse haven't?

Old 03-03-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
Explain what they've done that's so crazy? Passed a healthcare bill that gallup *consistently* found more support for than against for over a year? The same bill that Obama got elected running on as one of his main planks? The same bill that 55% of Americans *DONT* want Congress to defund?
CBS News poll: Most Americans don't want to strip healthcare law of its funding - Los Angeles Times

Extending the Bush Tax cuts for 2 years while adding more tax cuts for businesses and lower/middle class? Passing a stimulus that was 36% tax cuts?

YEAH THOSE CRAZY WASHINGTON LIBERALS! THEYRE RUINING EVERYTHING WITH THEIR RADICAL "DOING WHAT THE MAJORITY OF AMERICA WANTS" AGENDA!!!

Old 03-03-2011, 10:45 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,096,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
The health care thing has been controversial, but it was significantly watered down by the time it went through anyway. Other than that, I haven't see a whole lot where they went crazy. In fact, they've been more lame-duck to me.

Honestly, the GOP in Ohio seem to do nothing but attack the middle class. I don't see anything they're doing that will actually create jobs. I don't see them walking the walk in any regard.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:08 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,185,595 times
Speaking of crazy, I'm still trying to grasp all of the financial consequences of the 2 unfunded GOP wars in the Middle East which were each started more than 8 years ago. I know, I know...It's yesterday's news...yet, it's part of tomorrow's bills. So far, the Obama Administration is the only group who recognizes this and has made it part of the budget. The bastards who started the damn things STILL can't acknowledge the massive costs and the fact that they are, in VERY large part, why America currently has such a huge external deficit. It makes healthcare reform funding look like a walk in the park.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The health care thing has been controversial, but it was significantly watered down by the time it went through anyway. Other than that, I haven't see a whole lot where they went crazy. In fact, they've been more lame-duck to me.

Honestly, the GOP in Ohio seem to do nothing but attack the middle class. I don't see anything they're doing that will actually create jobs. I don't see them walking the walk in any regard.

The GOP in Washington isn't walking the walk either. Moodys says the GOP budget will cost 700,000 jobs between now and 2012.
Moody's: GOP Budget Would Cost 700,000 Jobs | TPMDC

And a new wall street journal/NBC news poll shows that Americans are overwhelmingly *against* the GOPs agenda of austerity for all and tax cuts for the rich.

WSJ/NBC News Poll Finds Support Lacking for Entitlement Reductions - WSJ.com

America voted Republicans in across the country because Obama wasn't turning the economy around fast enough and creating enough jobs, and now everyone gets to slowly realize that they did in fact simply re-appoint he people who royally screwed it up in the first place. We're getting it here in Ohio too... enough of us were retarded enough to actually believe Kasich's campaign ad that blamed Ohio's job loss in the Great Recession on Strickland (you know, because nothing else was going on at the national level from 07-2010 ) and now we all get to suffer for the gullibility of the slim majority of people in this state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio