Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 07:52 PM

3 posts, read 16,956 times

Advertisements

Shawnee has good intent. Right now we, the students, are helping the teachers reformat the program to fit in with what the bigger schools are doing. Right now we only have 1 art gamer teacher and a few programming teachers. This school needs teachers badly. Hopefully they will fix most of these problems for future students. As of right now i would be carefully of Shawnee State right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 10:21 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,924,857 times
Anyone know any Colleges in Ohio that offer Video Game design programs? I looked but I couldnt find any. The Devry in doesnt offer Game design at the Cleveland campus.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,696 times
Hey, I'm working on a spec script for an episodic fps/rts game. I live in Cleveland and I'd love to have somebody collaborate on it with me, if only to have something to add to our portfolios for when we get legit jobs working with a design studio in Cleveland or wherever *cough, cough, Bethesda Softworks, cough*. Reply if you're interested in helping me out with this.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:10 PM

3 posts, read 16,956 times
Hey glassware. I would be more than happy to help you out with what I can. I am also from Cleveland. I'm at college now but I will be back in Cleveland Dec 19th. I haven't taken any organic classes yet so I can't make characters just yet. (I will be doing this in the spring). But anything inorganic I can do. Check out what I have done so far. Polykarpos's deviantART Gallery If you want to work together just message back.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:48 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,924,857 times
Does anyone know of any colleges that offer video game design in the Cleveland area or in ohio?

Old 11-21-2009, 05:33 PM

4 posts, read 9,722 times
The closest big name video game company to the midwest is 2K Games in New York City, NY. Thats their headquarters anyways...

Old 11-28-2009, 12:03 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
really bad. Video games are huge across the world. It would also help out students who want to pursue that type of degree instead of having to relocate to California or Florida to find work. I cant believe Ohio doesn't have a top notch home-grown game develop
Shawnee State University has such a course-program on game programing and developement,the lowest cost university in the state of Ohio.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:24 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
really bad. Video games are huge across the world. It would also help out students who want to pursue that type of degree instead of having to relocate to California or Florida to find work. I cant believe Ohio doesn't have a top notch home-grown game develop
Here is the web site-S.G.E.T. Simulation and Gaming Engineering Technology @ SSU. Be prepared for the Math,Physics,Art and Design courses you will have to take. Its a B.S. Degree I hope this will help you out and good luck.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,730 times
Columbus State Community College has a strong game programming curriculum, I should know because I'm helping to build it.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:50 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcreed View Post
I could see Columbus actually developing these types of companies because of Ohio State and the very high student population.
Am I the only one a bit tired of "Columbusians" thinking they are something special because of OSU? Do they not know the Cincy and Cleveland both have some very good, not to mention top ranked, colleges? Many ranked better then OSU?
No offense to Columbus or OSU (love OSU and the Buckeyes!). But come on.... we have excellent schools here, too, as does Cincy (go Bearcats!).

Case Western Reserve University - Home

John Carroll University - Educating for leadership and service in the Jesuit tradition

Baldwin-Wallace College

www.cim.edu (Cleveland Institute of Music)

Cleveland State University
-&-
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law

They may not have football teams, but I am betting CWRU is more known around the world then OSU is.

Let's not even touch on the overall region up here: Kent, Akron U, Oberlin etc etc etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio