Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2013, 08:26 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,178,863 times

Advertisements

Just curious what cities like Cincinnati, Columbus and other cities think of what used to be called The Western Reserve, but probably now known as Northwest Ohio. This would be cities like Akron and Cleveland, Lorain & Elyria, perhaps the Mahoning Valley, and the countryside & country towns around, in-between and west to the PA line. Before you post please post where you are from. Here is a little bit of criteria. Also the criteria below is not required in each post you may say whatever you want about souhwest ohio

Would you ever consider living in northwest Ohio. Why or why not?

First thought of northwest Ohio?

Whats too much their and whats too little in northwest Ohio.

Does northwest Ohio fit your lifestyle why or why not?

Are there more positives or negatives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 AM

364 posts, read 716,292 times
I think someone needs a geography lesson.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Sweetie, the Western Reserve -- aka the Connecticut Western Reserve -- is Northeastern Ohio.

And yes, I'd consider moving back there. Offer me a job and see how fast I pack the cats up and move.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 PM

11,063 posts, read 12,460,703 times
Lol, the "Western Reserve..." what year is it again?

NEO!

Cleveland is an awesome place. I like the rest of the area too- Akron, Canton, Y-town are all well and good, but I'd much prefer to live in Cleveland. More energy, more people, more stuff, and things are getting coming back nicely (and quickly).

Old 01-02-2013, 10:44 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
Just curious what cities like Cincinnati, Columbus and other cities think of what used to be called The Western Reserve, but probably now known as Northwest Ohio. This would be cities like Akron and Cleveland, Lorain & Elyria, perhaps the Mahoning Valley, and the countryside & country towns around, in-between and west to the PA line. Before you post please post where you are from. Here is a little bit of criteria. Also the criteria below is not required in each post you may say whatever you want about souhwest ohio

Would you ever consider living in northwest Ohio. Why or why not?

First thought of northwest Ohio?

Whats too much their and whats too little in northwest Ohio.

Does northwest Ohio fit your lifestyle why or why not?

Are there more positives or negatives?

You mean North EASTERN Ohio. That is the Western Reserve.

No matter, I'll answer the questions

1. Yes I would. Just purchased a house in the Mahoning Valley.

2. Affordable, many institutions of higher learning, New England - ish feel.

3. Have not lived there so I can't say. As compared to where?

4. Yes it does. I love the many colleges in OH and it's state system runs rings around PAs. People seem friendly, nice older homes, many antique stores and some excellent museums. I can live with that.

5. Better higher rd options than I currently have for my children and for myself. Nice recreational opportunities as well. We found a house that would go for 500K back home just because of it's architectural history and property. It's not even HALF that.
The area is more like the suburbs and it is less stuck than whee I now live. Yet less materialistic and competitive than suburban NY. More in the 21st Century that where I live now.-

North Eastern PA - that would be the part of PA that is on the RIGHT SIDE of the MAP.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:45 PM

365 posts, read 1,402,332 times
Just curious... Why is this post a carbon copy of this post from another user??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Just curious what cities like Cleveland, Columbus and other cities think of Southwest Ohio like Dayton and Cincy. Before you post please post where you are from. Here is a little bit of criteria. Also the criteria below is not required in each post you may say whatever you want about souhwest ohio

Would you ever consider living in southwest Ohio. Why or why not?

First thought of southwest Ohio?

Whats too much their and whats too little in southwest Ohio.

Does southwest Ohio fit your lifestyle why or why not?

Is their more positives or negatives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio