Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 10:54 PM

9 posts, read 16,154 times

Advertisements

Hi...Next summer, I am planning on relocating to the Strasburg, Ohio, area, maybe even New Philadelphia. There's a little story here. My son met a young lady, who's mom is from that area, and her family is planning on returning there next year. Well, he's my only child, and while I like the small town we are living in here, I'm not going to be happy with my 25 year old baby 2000 miles away. She's a sweet, sweet, and lovely young country type gal, and I'm all for them. So, any help on the area in advance, I'd appreciate it...such as places to live, jobs, etc. Looking for something sorta rural. A fixer-upper is fine. I do like quiet, not rowdy places, most of the time. BTW, I have 3 grown dogs, so pets do go with....hope to hear from anybody in that area, or even interested in moving there, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2006, 07:19 AM

45 posts, read 165,946 times
I don't know about Strasburg, but you might want to do a search on both of those towns. Search both here and on Google.

Old 10-24-2006, 02:19 PM

976 posts, read 3,862,924 times
Strasburg is a very nice little town that is in a very nice scenic area. Right on the edge of Amish Country and only 30 minutes from Canton. So if you need major shopping you have the malls and entertainment of Canton. New Philly is also a great little city. It has a population around 17,000 and growing. Its right along the Tuscarawas River just like Strasburg, but has smaller shopping and some entertainment. The whole area is very nice, and very scenic. You have great access to Cleveland, Akron, and Canton along I-77. Construction does tend to pick up when you are headed through Akron/Canton though. And the Akron/Canton regional airport is a great airport to fly out of. Currently one of the fastest growing airports in the nation. They have some great deals on awesome flights. That is about a 30-45 minute drive from either Strasburg or New Philly. Good luck with the move and if you need anymore help just ask.

Old 10-24-2006, 02:19 PM

Sorry, double post. Check out Wikipedia for some more info on the two towns. Its really good information.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:05 AM

Default thanks

thanks for the responses...I really appreciate everyone taking time to reply...

Old 10-27-2006, 01:22 PM

^Good luck in the move, and if you need more help just ask.

Old 10-29-2006, 03:31 PM

I would also check out Dover in Tuscarawas County. A town of about 6,000.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:30 PM

65 posts, read 60,300 times
eww yuck ohio, blahc yuck ...

Old 11-02-2006, 06:37 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,090,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshay View Post
eww yuck ohio, blahc yuck ...

and why is that? Ohio has nice houses for cheap. Show me where you can get a better house than in Ohio

Old 11-03-2006, 04:18 PM

mshay...sorry, I don't believe any place is that bad, unless you want it to be, or perhaps, your heart isn't into seeing the good, but the ugly side of life... I've lived in many states, including Alaska, and have found that there are good and bad people in every place and every race in mankind. You choose, who you want to hang around with, or which things you want to dwell in your mind, unless you are a total dimwit. You let go of thinking about how to change others to your way of thinking & believing & living, and put it in God's hands to guide the world. Accept people as they are. Just like you, they are comprised of their experiences and choose which experiences will dominate their views in life. Ohio is not to blame for how you choose to act, speak or live, YOU ARE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: