Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 04:11 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
From what I've seen and your reputation, you love a city until you move there, then build up another city while trashing the one you just moved to. This is a pattern with you, and I suspect if you move to Cleveland you'll do exactly the same thing. You were all about Columbus a few months ago, now you're not. Shocking. I can't wait to hear your opinions of Cleveland after you've been there a month. The Cleveland posters will be less than pleased.
He gave us his opinions of Cleveland when he was pondering a move there. He was very negative and critical. That's why he chose Columbus. I doubt if he would be happy in Cleveland even if he has discovered things he now approves of there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 04:27 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
He gave us his opinions of Cleveland when he was pondering a move there. He was very negative and critical. That's why he chose Columbus. I doubt if he would be happy in Cleveland even if he has discovered things he now approves of there.
The bottom-line with this guy: who cares anymore about his career and city angst?

Old 10-22-2015, 04:36 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
The bottom-line with this guy: who cares anymore about his career and city angst?
I agree. CD sometimes doubles as therapy for some posters. Kind, well meaning people offer help until they realize what's behind the scenes. It's the old, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" thing.

I'm done.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:45 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I agree. CD sometimes doubles as therapy for some posters. Kind, well meaning people offer help until they realize what's behind the scenes. It's the old, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" thing.

I'm done.
Minervah,

I don't understand what you are agitated about.

I was merely writing about my experience of living in central Ohio, so far. So far, my experience has been positive. Yes, I pursued employment in Columbus instead of Cleveland, for a variety of reasons...so what? I had to pick one over the other.

I like Cleveland for what it is, for different reasons. But I have no plans to move there, as others are suggesting in this thread.

So what are you confused or annoyed about!??

Old 10-22-2015, 08:31 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,536,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Minervah,

I don't understand what you are agitated about.

I was merely writing about my experience of living in central Ohio, so far. So far, my experience has been positive. Yes, I pursued employment in Columbus instead of Cleveland, for a variety of reasons...so what? I had to pick one over the other.

I like Cleveland for what it is, for different reasons. But I have no plans to move there, as others are suggesting in this thread.

So what are you confused or annoyed about!??
God forbid if someone doesn't like living in Cleveland and chooses to live somewhere else in Ohio.

I prefer to spend my time ENJOYING my life in whatever city I'm living in instead of trying to post about the pros of it constantly on CD. Putting in a good word for your city every so often is healthy, but constantly talking about how great and spectacular it is when a majority of the US doesn't agree with your sentiment hardly seems to me like a healthy way to actually enjoy where you live....

Last edited by maxmodder; 10-22-2015 at 08:42 PM..

Old 10-22-2015, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
God forbid if someone doesn't like living in Cleveland and chooses to live somewhere else in Ohio.

I prefer to spend my time ENJOYING my life in whatever city I'm living in instead of trying to post about the pros of it constantly on CD. Putting in a good word for your city every so often is healthy, but constantly talking about how great and spectacular it is when a majority of the US doesn't agree with your sentiment hardly seems to me like a healthy way to actually enjoy where you live....
If you followed the posts, you would understand her comment, but that's too easy since it provides an opportunity for you to constantly post about the cons Cleveland.

Go spend time enjoying the same old retailers at your new Liberty mall; sounds exciting!

Old 10-22-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
If you followed the posts, you would understand her comment, but that's too easy since it provides an opportunity for you to constantly post about the cons Cleveland.

Go spend time enjoying the same old retailers at your new Liberty mall; sounds exciting!
Oh I followed the posts.

Only someone who lives in a city that they are miserable in would discredit someone for visiting a retail location on opening day that someone invested $350 million into and criticize the store selection.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Oh I followed the posts.

Only someone who lives in a city that they are miserable in would discredit someone for visiting a retail location on opening day that someone invested $350 million into and criticize the store selection.
You may have read the posts but didn't follow them, most likely deliberately so you could bring up Cleveland defensiveness. Minervah retired and moved to Cleveland a year ago and so far likes it and was responding to the poster about his ongoing career and city therapy sessions he's been having for months.

You may want to reconsider defining someone else's misery if you live within 5 minutes of the new mall (and sounding pretty psyched about it) and hopped in your car to hit it on its opening day, no less. Please...that sounds like a miserable existence to me but residents of deep suburbia are there for a reason, malls and cars. I live in a completely different environment, quite contently. To each his or her own.

I'm sure the new mall is nice but it is the same cookie cutter retail and the now cookie-cutter faux-insta-city design popping up all over suburbia U.S.A. This one is the most recent update of this style. I much prefer the true urban street scene, not the faux-street scene.

I will say this, the suburbs are not dying and this is a sign of it, a $350 million investment in an outer-ring county.

Old 10-22-2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:
You may have read the posts but didn't follow them, most likely deliberately so you could bring up Cleveland defensiveness. Minervah retired and moved to Cleveland a year ago and so far likes it and was responding to the poster about his ongoing career and city therapy sessions he's been having for months.

You may want to reconsider defining someone else's misery if you live within 5 minutes of the new mall (and sounding pretty psyched about it) and hopped in your car to hit it on its opening day, no less. Please...that sounds like a miserable existence to me but residents of deep suburbia are there for a reason, malls and cars. I live in a completely different environment, quite contently. To each his or her own.

I'm sure the new mall is nice but it is the same cookie cutter retail and the now cookie-cutter faux-insta-city design popping up all over suburbia U.S.A. This one is the most recent update of this style. I much prefer the true urban street scene, not the faux-street scene.

I will say this, the suburbs are not dying and this is a sign of it, a $350 million investment in an outer-ring county.
Nothing to really reconsider based on what I saw at this place. All the restaurants that we walked by were packed at 9pm on a Thursday no less. I didn't come across a single person there that looked miserable. Everyone was enjoying themselves as they should. A $350 million investment in an outer-ring county is made because people like Yaromir Steiner understand what people want.

EDITED: Someone might catch feelins'

Last edited by maxmodder; 10-22-2015 at 11:29 PM..

Old 10-22-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Nothing to really reconsider based on what I saw at this place. All the restaurants that we walked by were packed at 9pm on a Thursday no less. I didn't come across a single person there that looked miserable. Everyone was enjoying themselves as they should. A $350 million investment in an outer-ring county is made because people like Yaromir Steiner understand what people want.
Enjoy! Even if it's not for me, it's nice to hear that this makes people happy.

(as an aside, it is opening day and it is a Thursday, so I don't know what you're comparing it to as being packed ''on a Thursday no less'', of course it is, it's opening day).

Oh well, enjoy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio