Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:30 AM

2 posts, read 11,154 times

Advertisements

New to the forums here - but there seems to be some great advice from knowledgeable Ohionites(?)! I am currently a Michigander - Flint, MI - eeek! I'm looking to see what the best city in Ohio is for couples in their Mid-20s - or just the best city in general.

We're middle-lower class income so we would be looking for apartment living. We don't have children - just some kitties. We like the idea of big city living with a small city feel. Any idea/suggestions would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 10:49 AM

405 posts, read 1,213,483 times
Check out Ohio City in Cleveland or Lakewood, Ohio. Both should fit into the category you describe.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:04 AM

56 posts, read 187,927 times
My wife and I are 23 and 24 and we live in Cleveland, (OLD Brooklyn neighborhood, west side). Its very family oriented. Tons of dive bars, if that's your thing and easy access to downtown (dance clubs, high end dining all of that). We used to live on the east side (Collinwood neighborhood) and it's cool over there but it's not the best place to build a family. I recommend Old Brooklyn, Ohio City, and Tremont on the west side. University circle area, North Collinwood, Shaker Square on east side.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:27 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,629,105 times
Cleveland, Cincinnati and Columbus have a lot to offer, and they are both really progressive in a lot of categories, especially for the younger crowds.

I think maybe for you, check out Columbus. Columbus offers the Arena District, just got back from a trip there on Sunday. Good times!

Arena District | Columbus, Ohio | Sports, Dining, & Entertainment

Flint is not a pleasant place. I have many friends down here in SW Ohio from Michigan. Also, you will find many former Michiganders in the three big C's (Columbus, Cincy and Cleveland)

Old 04-14-2009, 04:51 PM

141 posts, read 752,215 times
Big city living with a small city feel?

What is that?

Old 04-14-2009, 04:55 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,629,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoGratias View Post

What is that?
Maybe Akron

Old 04-14-2009, 07:10 PM

1,859 posts, read 5,025,732 times
One of the Cbus or Nati suburbs if you want 'big city w/a small city feel'...may want to look at Akron or Dayton as well.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:35 AM

405 posts, read 1,213,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoGratias View Post

What is that?
That is why I suggested Ohio City. It was named in Cottage Living as one of the Top 10 Cottage Communities. It is less than 2 miles from Public Square, but in the middle of the residential area (and even some of the commercial areas, such as Bridge and Fulton) do not feel as though you are in a big city. Some of Tremont has the same feel.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:55 PM

843 posts, read 1,297,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeisConstant View Post
New to the forums here - but there seems to be some great advice from knowledgeable Ohionites(?)! I am currently a Michigander - Flint, MI - eeek! I'm looking to see what the best city in Ohio is for couples in their Mid-20s - or just the best city in general.

We're middle-lower class income so we would be looking for apartment living. We don't have children - just some kitties. We like the idea of big city living with a small city feel. Any idea/suggestions would be great!
Toledo.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:53 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,654 times
Based on the economy and the ability to reinvent, I'd go Columbus and Akron. Both are more diversified than Cleveland, Toledo, Youngstown, and Cincinnati and both have a nice young night-life and artsy districts. For Akron, I recommend the Highland Square neighborhood. I think there are alot of redeeming qualities about Cleveland and Cincinnati also, however. The person who reccomended Ohio City has the right idea. It's a cute, happenin' area on the city's west side. As long as you both can make some money and you love each other, you'll enjoy Akron, Cleveland, C-Bus, or Cincinnati.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio