Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2010, 07:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,050 times

Advertisements

Hi, My husband and I are considering relocating from WV to the Sugarcreek/ Berlin area with our two children. It would be a complete and drastic move for us since we have no ties in the area. My husband currently works at a power station. Can anyone tell me what they know about jobs in this area he could transfer into. Any info on the area would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 08:30 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Smile Good folks in that area

I don't know much about the jobs situation in Amish Country "as we call it", but you will find the the area is absolutely beautiful. It may not have the hills that W.Va has, but they are rolling and quite lovely to look at.

In the summer time the whole area of Sugar Creek, Berlin, Charm and the rest of the surrounding towns come alive with the hustles and bustle of tourists. The Amish and Mennonites are what we call the "Upper Class" of their community. There homes are well kept, even better that some of the local "English" as they refer to the rest of us.

You will find some of the best tradesmen in the wood working crafts in the territory in the particular area and if your get a chance, I would visit "Lehman's" hardware.

I've done allot of road work in that area from the town of Wooster on out and I've gotten to know quite a few of the back roads and some of the folks who live out that way and they are the nicest that you will ever find.

I am somewhat envious of you for having the chance to move to such a nice place, enjoy, have fun, and make a load of friends with the locals .

Old 05-13-2010, 11:23 AM

226 posts, read 297,886 times
We visit Amish Country often. Love it. But I would much rather visit than live there. Tourist traffic and horse and buggies on a regular basis would drive me nuts. Unless you like retail or waitressing, then you're probably out of luck as far as jobs are concerned. Personally, I would look into the Wooster area to live and work. Orrville just to the east is a great small community for raising a family and has it's own hospital, yet very close to Kidron (home of Lehman's Hardware) and the Amish towns south of there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: