Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 11:29 PM

588 posts, read 1,320,099 times

Advertisements

Finally!

I can't wait to get fresh produce and other natural foods! We have had a natural grocers open up in Norman recently and I have heard of a few other higher end grocery stores opening up around the city but to have a Whole Foods is great! I am looking forward to it!

Anybody else as excited as I am?

Now all we need are a few Trader Joe's and I will be a happy camper!

Go OKC!

http://wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/oklahomacity/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 06:26 AM

9 posts, read 18,022 times
Default Whole Food

I have a daughter that works at a whole foods in Kansas City. The prices are somewhat higher then other stores, but there is a better selection. You don't do your big shopping day there but shop for specials and items you can't get at the lousy grocery stores. They have great prepared foods and fresh fish and produce and meat. Good shopping

Old 10-06-2011, 07:34 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,765,734 times
I'm excited about Whole Foods, but I'm more excited that Sunflower is opening a location in Edmond. I love Whole Foods and shopped in them occasionally when I've lived in other cities, but the location they chose here is not one that is convenient for my everyday shopping needs. Even in other cities I've lived in, I've never been close enough to one to shop there regularly. No doubt I will go there, but it's about 18 miles from my house, so I'm not going to be a regular customer. The new Sunflower Market is however, only about 3 miles or so from my house, so it will be easy to shop there.

I thought it was a great sign for the city, that the first Sunflower they opened (near the coming Whole Foods) was such a huge success that they moved up their plans for expansion in the area from possibly later next year, to already signing the lease and saying the new location will open early next year in Edmond. I'd bet they are searching the Norman area for a suitable location as well. I'm sure one would do really well there.

It's great that more of these national retailers are finally taking notice of the city.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:59 PM

80 posts, read 191,350 times
Here in CA we call them "WHOLE PAYCHECK" and for a good reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachj7 View Post
Finally!

Anybody else as excited as I am?

Now all we need are a few Trader Joe's and I will be a happy camper!

Go OKC!

Oklahoma City Store | WholeFoodsMarket.com

Old 10-07-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonandBranka View Post
Here in CA we call them "WHOLE PAYCHECK" and for a good reason.
Believe me I know. I grew up in the Bay Area.
BUT,
while whole foods is expensive and sometimes excessively, they do have certain standards which make the store really good.

I visit SunFlower today for the first time and I was impressed. They had some pretty nice foods and a lot of fresh produce. I liked their seafood section. Good job OKC at getting some good grocery stores. I hope SunFlower opens up in Norman. Would be great for a college town!

Old 10-08-2011, 03:16 PM

I was in Santa Fe NM recently and I saw 2 Whole Foods, 2 Sunflower Markets and a Trader Joe's, along all the typical stores like Albertsons and some small locally owned stores. All of this in a town of only about 80,000. I'm very happy that the OKC metro, an area of about 1.3 million, is finally getting some of these.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:48 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,618 times
I been a regular shopper of the Whole Foods in Tulsa for years and have really enjoyed it. My favorite part is the food and salad bar.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:33 PM

Stopped by there on opening day. It was very crowded, could hardly find a space. It was a pretty good sized Whole Foods. Lots of fresh and local foods! I am happy OKC finally has one. It would be nice if they expanded and put maybe one in Edmond and Norman, or perhaps a natural whole foodsy type of place in Norman. I think they can really attract the college crowd.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:02 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
I was in Santa Fe NM recently and I saw 2 Whole Foods, 2 Sunflower Markets and a Trader Joe's, along all the typical stores like Albertsons and some small locally owned stores. All of this in a town of only about 80,000. I'm very happy that the OKC metro, an area of about 1.3 million, is finally getting some of these.
big deal... santa fe is a major tourist attraction. I can find Tiffany co. along w every big time luxury retailer in the world in Carmel. How does tiny Carmel by the Sea, CA stack up to 80,000 pop Santa Fe, NM? Apples and Oranges w your comparison.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
big deal... santa fe is a major tourist attraction. I can find Tiffany co. along w every big time luxury retailer in the world in Carmel. How does tiny Carmel by the Sea, CA stack up to 80,000 pop Santa Fe, NM? Apples and Oranges w your comparison.
Tourists aren't typically grocery shopping, they're buying trinkets from the cheesy gift shops on the square. My only point was that if a town with a population that small could support so many of these stores, OKC could probably support a few of these types of stores as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City