Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 10:59 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,759,302 times

Advertisements

Short Clip
YouTube - TNT - Preview For Saving Grace

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Laura San Giacomo will co-star opposite academy award winner Holly Hunter in TNT's drama pilot "Grace."

Hunter plays a jaded Oklahoma City police detective who is visited by an irascible angel (Leon Rippy) and offered an opportunity to redeem her life. San Giacomo will play Grace's best friend, a forensic scientist. Bokeem Woodbine will play a death-row inmate who also can see the angel.

San Giacomo, probably best known for her role on NBC's long-running comedy series "Just Shoot Me!" will next do a multi-episode arc on the CW's "Veronica Mars." The stint will reunite San Giacomo with fellow "Just Shoot Me!" cast member Enrico Colantoni.
Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 11:24 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,928,893 times
Looks interesting. Click
here for the link.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:34 AM

Thank you Synopsis- I tried but couldnt get the link to paste. Hopefully this show will give some good PR or at least some attention for the State. Looks unusual, but it should be a good one w/ Holly Hunter.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:38 AM

If the show does well (which I hope it does) it could do a lot in terms of tourism. Popular TV shows are moneymakers for the cities in which they are set. Holly Hunter is a good actresss; let's just hope they don't try and stereotype Oklahoma so much.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:31 AM

20 posts, read 118,680 times
I have heard of this before. I have seen a clip with her standing by the National Memorial and it had a different feel. This preview looks way more exciting. I have heard they were setting up shop at the Skirvin temporarily to shoot some scenes. They are supposed to have many backdrops of OKC. I am always so impressed with OKC after one of my big trips. I always come back home to hear of more and more positive news.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:22 AM

19 posts, read 93,421 times
That clip is awesome. Im sure that will put OKC in the spotlight. Of course it doesnt compare to Dallas. But it looks really cool. Good Job OKC for luring in another big time deal. The city fathers must be really on their toes right now with the NBA coming and all the projects!

Old 07-03-2007, 11:07 AM

20 posts, read 118,680 times
Hey now. We dont try to compare any city in Oklahoma with Dallas. This will be great for OKC and Oklahoma. Holly Hunter is incredible and looks like she will have a strong personality for the role. Hopefully I will be able to see it!

Old 07-30-2007, 11:05 AM

TNT Full of 'Grace'
Premiere draws big ratings behind 'Closer'
July 24, 2007

Holly Hunter of 'Saving Grace'TNT was on the side of the angels Monday night, drawing big ratings for the premiere of "Saving Grace."

The show, which stars Oscar winner Holly Hunter as a fast-living Oklahoma City cop, drew 6.4 million viewers for its premiere. That's the biggest audience for a cable series premiere this year, and in numbers of households, it's third all-time for a series debut on ad-supported cable, trailing only the premieres of "The Closer" in 2005 and USA's "The 4400" in 2004.

"'The Closer' and 'Saving Grace' form a stellar combination in terms of great storytelling, outstanding performances from two extraordinary actresses, critical acclaim and popularity among viewers," says Steve Koonin, president of Turner Entertainment Networks. "We are proud that 'Saving Grace' has come out of the gate with such a strong showing."

Airing at 10 p.m. Monday, "Saving Grace" retained close to 90 percent of the 7.29 million people who tuned into "The Closer" the previous hour. That's a big improvement over the June premiere of "Heartland," which lost more than half its "Closer" lead-in.

"Grace" also drew about 1.94 million viewers in the adults 18-49 demographic and 2.47 million adults 25-54.

The show is Hunter's first TV series. She plays Grace Hanadarko, a hard-drinking detective who at a low point asks for divine help, and gets it in the form of a drawling, tobacco-chewing angel (Leon Rippy, "Deadwood"). The show also stars Kenneth Johnson ("The Shield"), Laura San Giacomo ("Just Shoot Me") and Bokeem Woodbine ("City of Angels").

Recent info...Looks like the show is doing well. Half the shots are taken in OKC. I think the characters were trying to be established first. I am sure the following episodes will be more about the show. Great PR OKC!!!!

Old 07-30-2007, 11:54 AM

It's good to hear the show did well. I watched it and it was pretty good, but I didn't care too much for a LOT of stereotyping (bad accents, opening credits with tornadoes crossing dusty plains, whiskey swilling) and so on. I go to OkC quite a bit and I rarely hear anyone with accents like that. Most people that live in OkC have hardly any accent at all. Hopefully the show will use less and less stereotypes and I hope they show some OkC scenery (downtown, Myriad Gardens, etc). One thing I hated was the police cars; the logos on the side made them look like renta-cops or something. Why not throw a big OkC Police logo on the side?

I'll be sure to watch it again tonight.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
It's good to hear the show did well. I watched it and it was pretty good, but I didn't care too much for a LOT of stereotyping (bad accents, opening credits with tornadoes crossing dusty plains, whiskey swilling) and so on. I go to OkC quite a bit and I rarely hear anyone with accents like that. Most people that live in OkC have hardly any accent at all. Hopefully the show will use less and less stereotypes and I hope they show some OkC scenery (downtown, Myriad Gardens, etc). One thing I hated was the police cars; the logos on the side made them look like renta-cops or something. Why not throw a big OkC Police logo on the side?

I'll be sure to watch it again tonight.
Many felt the PO cars looked like they were out of TJ Hooker-lol....I would think that you would not be allowed to use the actual police car associated with the city in a production like this. But I would love to see my OKC PO- I have always thought the black and white cars in OKC keep that old PO car feel. The show has a real emphasis on cattle for now. Im sure the show will go in other directions and not towards the feeding trough!! lol.....It is filmed in Vancouver and of course OKC(this is typical)....Recent OKC set up was near a broken down gas station...hope I dont see that tonight!

Funny how the cattle industry does well in OK- but OKC is Gas country. Hope they can throw in a few oil companies in there or have an affair with Tulsa(that would be cool).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City