Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 11:48 PM

3 posts, read 4,699 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! New to this forum but thought it would be a good place to find local advice while apartment hunting.

I'll be moving to OKC from Ames, IA in June and am looking for apartment suggestions close to the Boeing/Tinker facilities. Single college grad, no kids, no pets, non-smoking. I'm not necessarily interested in downtown living, unless those are really the best options... I'd like to be either close to work or in an affordable place near downtown. Don't need all the luxuries tacked on to the newer units, but I'm finding it's hard to avoid.

Things I am looking for in an apartment are:

Rent max $800-$850/month
Good property management
SAFE, quiet neighborhood
Access to local restaurants/bars/activities a plus
Nearby nature or bike trails a major plus (I'd much rather be outside or have easy access to it)
Covered parking/private garage option preferred

Any suggestions you have for places or general areas would be greatly appreciated. A lot of places seem to look alright from descriptions and pictures, but get horrible reviews and sound unsafe... I know some of this is probably an overall tendency of negative housing experiences leading to reviews more than positive experiences do, but I want to make sure I'm checking out the right apartments when I come visit for showings.

I've been looking at a new place called The Landing OKC -- any thoughts here would also be appreciated!

Thanks again for the suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 08:41 AM

24,660 posts, read 11,001,272 times
Have you contacted them about availability and pricing.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:19 PM

The price is about the highest I'm comfortable with, and they do have availability last I checked with them. I've heard it's a nice complex but that there's not much around it in terms of social outings or establishments. That's why I thought I'd try to find some local opinions.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:06 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,677,382 times
Check out the apartments by Bricktown. I don't know much about them.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:54 AM

24,660 posts, read 11,001,272 times
Move into an extended stay, there are plenty around Tinker (buy a coffee maker as it is a disposable item) and check out the area, some taxes do not apply after 30 days so inquire. I think Kayne and Bawa her on the board are renters.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:15 AM

793 posts, read 1,115,301 times
^Yep, I rent in a building built in 1925 just north of downtown and I love it. Awesome neighborhood too, I love walking, jogging, and riding my bike through the Heritage Hills and Mesta Park neighborhoods. I'm also single, college grad, no kids, no pets, and a non-smoker. My rent is a little over $700. Commute to Boeing from my apartment is about 20 minutes.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:38 PM

KayneMo, what's the name of the building you rent at? Do you know if they'd have any openings coming up this summer? Thanks!

Old 03-06-2018, 12:57 PM

793 posts, read 1,115,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaStateEngineering View Post
KayneMo, what's the name of the building you rent at? Do you know if they'd have any openings coming up this summer? Thanks!
I've sent you a direct message!

Old 03-07-2018, 02:53 AM

171 posts, read 190,683 times
"Good property management
SAFE, quiet neighborhood
Access to local restaurants/bars/activities a plus
Nearby nature or bike trails a major plus (I'd much rather be outside or have easy access to it)
Covered parking/private garage option preferred"

ummmmm.........You do know its Oklahoma City that you're moving to right ???

Your preferences sound more like Denver/Salt Lake city/Seattle.... But you must add a 1 to your rent amount lol

Old 06-11-2018, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,151 times
Default Any luck finding an apartment?

I have a family member relocating to OKC. He is a recent grad as well. Any luck finding an apartment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City