Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2012, 09:42 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,764,526 times

Advertisements

Is that the Crest Fresh Market? I've heard its really nice. I would love it if they would put one of those on the north side somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 10:24 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Stillwater could use a better grocery store than what it's got.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:03 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
Is that the Crest Fresh Market? I've heard its really nice. I would love it if they would put one of those on the north side somewhere.
Agreed. I went into Crest Fresh Market for the first time last week and was very impressed. It really felt like I was walking into an H-E-B. It is the kind of grocery store that is standard in most cities and OKC could use several more of them. I agree it would be great if they would build one on the north side. Regular Crest stores are decent though not near as nice as Crest Fresh Market. I do most of my shopping at the one at Rockwell and Hefner.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:11 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
I'm about to move there for a job and I wish they had a Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's is in several major cities (Dallas is closest to OKC) and they have great, inexpensive food and incredible wine. Its worth the trip to Dallas just for the wine. I like Whole Foods, but it is soooo expensive. Still, I'll probably be there a lot when I move.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I'm about to move there for a job and I wish they had a Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's is in several major cities (Dallas is closest to OKC) and they have great, inexpensive food and incredible wine. Its worth the trip to Dallas just for the wine. I like Whole Foods, but it is soooo expensive. Still, I'll probably be there a lot when I move.
Trader Joe's is currently scouting out locations in OKC and has definite plans to open here in the near future (Dallas just got theirs actually). You won't be without Trader Joe's for long. Until then, you have Whole Foods, Sprouts Market, and there's this other place called Akin's Natural Foods I haven't been in yet that might be worth a shot. Unfortunately in Oklahoma wine can't be sold in grocery stores but there are numerous other states that have the same restriction so its definitely something you can work around. The liquor stores here have an excellent selection of wine.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:56 PM

778 posts, read 2,323,012 times
One upside to having, until recently, a pretty lowly grocery scene in OKC is it has allowed a lot of local places to flourish. Anyone who is a foodie who comes here needs to go to places like Forward Foods and Native Roots Market (opening in downtown in a few weeks). Plus, as bchris02 and others have mentioned, local chains like Crest and Buy For Less and really stepped their game up with Crest Fresh Market and Uptown Grocery.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:32 PM

588 posts, read 1,319,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Trader Joe's is currently scouting out locations in OKC and has definite plans to open here in the near future (Dallas just got theirs actually). You won't be without Trader Joe's for long. Until then, you have Whole Foods, Sprouts Market, and there's this other place called Akin's Natural Foods I haven't been in yet that might be worth a shot. Unfortunately in Oklahoma wine can't be sold in grocery stores but there are numerous other states that have the same restriction so its definitely something you can work around. The liquor stores here have an excellent selection of wine.
I am curious to what source that says Trader Joe's is scouting locations in OKc?

Old 09-09-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachj7 View Post
I am curious to what source that says Trader Joe's is scouting locations in OKc?
There have been several NewsOK articles confirming it but this is the most recent.

Survey reveals which retailers are looking at Oklahoma | NewsOK.com

Old 09-09-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachj7 View Post
Once Trader Joe's opens, OKC will be on par with most cities its size, at least in the South, as far as organic/specialty grocery stores. This city still needs a few more regular grocery stores like Crest Fresh Market at 104th and May throughout the rest of the city.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:27 AM

588 posts, read 1,319,890 times
Thanks!

Can't wait! Hope this materializes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City