Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2007, 03:10 PM

197 posts, read 522,354 times

Advertisements

Hello ... My husband has PCS orders to Fort Sill...We have a report date of May...I called housing today and they said there is a 24-36 month waiting list for a 2 bedroom home on post, this makes me really nervous, my husband has been in the Army over 14 years and we have always lived on post. I know nothing of Fort Sill or the surrounding area. We have a 15 year old son and 2 very well behaved cats, can anyone give me ANY info. such as where to live not to live, apartment web addresses etc. Thank you very much!
From Fort Drum New York
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 03:14 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife94e View Post
Hello ... My husband has PCS orders to Fort Sill...We have a report date of May...I called housing today and they said there is a 24-36 month waiting list for a 2 bedroom home on post, this makes me really nervous, my husband has been in the Army over 14 years and we have always lived on post. I know nothing of Fort Sill or the surrounding area. We have a 15 year old son and 2 very well behaved cats, can anyone give me ANY info. such as where to live not to live, apartment web addresses etc. Thank you very much!
From Fort Drum New York
LadyRobyn, another forum member here lives in Lawton, as well as mkfarnam (I think). Hopefully they'll show up and give you the ins and outs of the area. It's quite a bit different from Fort Drum, not nearly as cold. Lawton is a city of around 100,000 or so if I recall. It has its good areas and bad areas like any city. I wish you the best of luck and would like to thank both you and your husband for his service to our country. The spouses of military members deserve a lot of credit as well as the service members themselves.

In the meantime, go to the link below for information from City-Data's main website for Lawton:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Lawton-Oklahoma.html

Old 12-26-2007, 03:52 PM

533 posts, read 1,711,147 times
Try http://www.city-data.com/forum/oklah...sill-help.html too

Old 03-02-2011, 09:13 PM

5 posts, read 29,871 times
I just left Lawton (originally from CT) and would live NE side of Gore BLVD (country) we rented a two story townhouse 3 bedroom 2 baths for $895.00 a month. NE Bell is a family friendly area or anything NE (ask your realestate agent for Carriage Hills Area) which is right next to the best High School in Lawton (Macarther High school) and also in the area of the best Elementary School in Lawton (Carriage Hills). I also think this area is the most safe as far as crime (the places they tell you to stay away from in the Military). My kids loved the schools and the area and so did we...close to the water park which is GREAT! It's also close but far enough away from Cache Rd which is where EVERYTHING is at shopping wise. Crime wasn't as bad as I had heard..in a 5 month span I heard about a theft (home) and a bar fight. Hope this helped!

Old 03-03-2011, 12:19 PM

664 posts, read 2,094,364 times
I don't know about Duncan, but my former Motor Sgt lived there when he worked as a full time mechanic on Ft. Sill.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:22 PM

8 posts, read 35,848 times
If you are interested I am selling a 4 bedroom on the NE side. The address is 106 NE Babbitt Lawton OK. You could buy it and your payment would be less than rent. It's a remodel with four bedrooms and a huge backyard with a shade tree. It is walking distance to Pioneer Park Elm and within the Macarthur School District and close to a neighborhood park and the water park. It sounds like what you are looking for. (580) 574-0563

There really are some fun things to do around here. Kids Zone is a large park for children (off of 38th st) and there is a water park, museum, and the wildlife refuge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
View detailed profiles of: