Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2020, 09:54 AM

11 posts, read 32,023 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me if there are any high crime areas in sand springs?
Also, any advice on the realistic possibility of getting a rental for 3 months while "house" shopping to buy ?
Thank you.
Have never been to Sand Springs but have an acquaintance who lives in Tulsa area who has spoken highly of sand springs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 02:24 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artgirl23 View Post
Can someone tell me if there are any high crime areas in sand springs?
Also, any advice on the realistic possibility of getting a rental for 3 months while "house" shopping to buy ?
Thank you.
Have never been to Sand Springs but have an acquaintance who lives in Tulsa area who has spoken highly of sand springs.

THE LOWEST CRIME AREA SAND SPRINGS
1. New Prue
2. West 41st Street\ South 65th, West Avenue
3.Lotsee
4. Pratteville
5.Fisher\Shirk
6. Arrowhead Street\ Oak Ridge Drive
7. West 51st Street \South 85th West Avenue
8. Sand Spring City Center
9. West 11th Street South \Apple Creek Drive......

Old 04-15-2020, 07:53 PM

7 posts, read 8,228 times
I have lived in Sand Springs for 15 years. I have been in 2 sets of apartments & 2 homes. I also, had 2 boys graduate from Sand Springs as well.
I also have lived in almost every town around Tulsa including Glenpool, BA, Sapulpa, Bixby & Jenks. I Sand Springs has been my favorite & I love the town & people.
Serious crime is low but petty crime is high, however, I have never had any issues with any crime. By far the better areas are on the Prattville side. Prattville is everthing south of the river. It use to be 2 different towns before the bridge was built & that's why it's called Prattville. If however you have a little higher income there are some areas around the golf course & airport that are really nice as well. Sand Springs has tons of areas & is pretty spread out, as always some spots are great ^ some are not. Dont get anything around the river unless it's really high ground as we had a serious river flood (all the way thru Tulsa) & several residents are trying to sell houses for really cheap in a few of the areas hard hit.
As far as a short apartment stay, you will just have to ask the managers. I think most may work with you, but if they have to deal with getting the apartment ready to rent & verifying applicants iin such a short time as 3 months it may be a nucense for them, but 6 month leases are very common.
Welcome,
Good luck to you!

Old 08-27-2020, 04:51 AM

2 posts, read 3,961 times
Default Hello every body

Hello every body,

Please follow me

Old 05-04-2023, 06:53 AM

88 posts, read 85,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicrob42 View Post
I have lived in Sand Springs for 15 years. I have been in 2 sets of apartments & 2 homes. I also, had 2 boys graduate from Sand Springs as well.
I also have lived in almost every town around Tulsa including Glenpool, BA, Sapulpa, Bixby & Jenks. I Sand Springs has been my favorite & I love the town & people.
Serious crime is low but petty crime is high, however, I have never had any issues with any crime. By far the better areas are on the Prattville side. Prattville is everthing south of the river. It use to be 2 different towns before the bridge was built & that's why it's called Prattville. If however you have a little higher income there are some areas around the golf course & airport that are really nice as well. Sand Springs has tons of areas & is pretty spread out, as always some spots are great ^ some are not. Dont get anything around the river unless it's really high ground as we had a serious river flood (all the way thru Tulsa) & several residents are trying to sell houses for really cheap in a few of the areas hard hit.
As far as a short apartment stay, you will just have to ask the managers. I think most may work with you, but if they have to deal with getting the apartment ready to rent & verifying applicants iin such a short time as 3 months it may be a nucense for them, but 6 month leases are very common.
Welcome,
Good luck to you!
Could I tap into your knowledge of some of those areas you’ve lived in?
What do think of the area around N Antler Ridge road, approximately 7 miles north of Garfield elementary in Sand Spring?

Similarly any thoughts on this area in Sapulpa: West 86th S, east of S 161st W Place (who numbered these streets

Old 07-14-2023, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 1,927 times
Default Sand Springs

Sand springs is beautiful and has a lot of amenities such as keystone lake, 4 wheeling trails and the like. It is still a close drive to downtown Tulsa.

If your property needs a property manager, I recommend [url]www.centralokproperties.com[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma