Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 02:09 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,495,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde View Post
Funny! But no mention of tornadoes (or just wind in general)?

That brings back memories of Oklahoma from about 20 years ago, when I had a chance to work in Tulsa and OK City for a little while.

I really liked Tulsa, and thought I wouldn't mind going back to live there for a while. Born and raised in California, I'll never forget the ice storm once, and everything shut down for a day or two.

People were very friendly and I loved running along the river that went through town. Is it still like that now?
We try to forget the ice storm this past December>>>>>> TEN DAYS WITHOUT POWER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 05:31 PM

75 posts, read 262,415 times
Glad to hear that some things don't change, and hope Oklahoma residents keep up their friendly reputation they are famous for.

As for the weather, well, what can you say???
I think anyone would take a place with not so great weather but with friendly folk vs. some other place with nice weather and not so nice residents. All IMHO...

Old 06-27-2008, 07:02 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,457,199 times
Quote:
Glad to hear that some things don't change, and hope Oklahoma residents keep up their friendly reputation they are famous for.

I think anyone would take a place with not so great weather but with friendly folk vs. some other place with nice weather and not so nice residents. All IMHO...
You'd be surprised

Old 06-27-2008, 08:51 PM

Well, take California, for example. Nice weather, but, the people...???? I see you are from California, mkfarnam, what do you think? I'm originally from California, too, but I have to admit, I've met all kinds, there. It's a big state, and met some nice people, and some, not so nice.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and, thankfully, everyone's got their own idea of the ideal place, with many other variables, like economics, family ties, etc. I guess, that's what makes the world go round...

Last edited by abcde; 06-27-2008 at 09:07 PM..

Old 06-27-2008, 10:54 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,457,199 times
Quote:
Well, take California, for example. Nice weather, but, the people...???? I see you are from California, mkfarnam, what do you think? I'm originally from California, too, but I have to admit, I've met all kinds, there. It's a big state, and met some nice people, and some, not so nice.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and, thankfully, everyone's got their own idea of the ideal place, with many other variables, like economics, family ties, etc. I guess, that's what makes the world go round...
I'd say a good percentage of those in CA, have multipersonality disorders.

There nice, but may just kill you with that same smile on their face.

Most are selfcentered. They're out for a buck and noone stands in their way.
I never really realized that until I moved to OK.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:

I grew up in California and I would say that the people aren't as friendly as OKlahoma. They are pretty good drivers however, they just drive fast. You have to be ready to get on that freeway or driven off. I still would say Texas is as friendly as OK

Old 06-29-2008, 08:33 PM

395 posts, read 1,542,075 times
Wow. I already do a whole lot of those things and have for years. I am not even in Oklahoma yet. Guess I won't have too much trouble adapting to the Oklahoma lifestyle then !

Old 06-30-2008, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I'd say a good percentage of those in CA, have multipersonality disorders.

There nice, but may just kill you with that same smile on their face.

Most are selfcentered. They're out for a buck and noone stands in their way.
I never really realized that until I moved to OK.
Sounds to me like any big city (nothing specific to CA as a state)?

But thanks for supporting my comment on the nice weather/not-so-nice people relationship.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:10 AM

334 posts, read 916,658 times
Quote:

Ok, so I'm not mkfarnam, but I'm from CA too. If you put all 50 states on a spectrum of friendliness, from most to least, I would say that CA would fall solidly but modestly into the friendly area. Perhaps the culture is not super hospitable, but it's generally polite and cordial. Oklahoma would be pegged at the very edge, number one most friendly state, in my opinion.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:

You say....If you don't like the weather just wait. Thats what I hear anyways. I wait and sure enough it changes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma