Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 11:38 AM

491 posts, read 1,475,451 times

Advertisements

Both the Tulsa World and Oklahoman are reporting that conditions may be favorable for severe weather through about Tuesday. Keep an eye on the sky!

Maybe we'll have another chance to play the Gary England drinking game...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 04:48 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,531,444 times
Default LISTEN To Gary England!!

OR YOUR CHILDREN WILL DIE!!!!

Sorry, the hilarious Jon Stewart spoof was taken off YouTube. But here is what started it.

WARNING! If you are an out-of-stater, this video may cause you to wet yourself as you watch this poor helpless family (recent transplants I might add) cower in fear!
Please, please, reconsider moving to Oklahoma. Nay! Don't even harbor the MERE THOUGHT of moving to what is known as TORNADO ALLEY! bwaaaahaaaahaaaaaaa! :eek:!!!!

YouTube - KWTV-Gary England "Calm During The Storm"

P.S. Gary England is a Hottie groupies are recruiting storm chasers. Apply at your local Snipe Retail Outlet.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:21 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,252,946 times
OKC had a couple of thise when I lived in Oklhoma. The kissed Tulsa too. I don't know about the radio in that ad, but battery powered radios still seem to work most of the time in bad weather.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:43 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,604,477 times

LMAO @ that video!!

Old 03-22-2009, 09:07 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,531,444 times
Notice they left the cellar door open.

I will never forget the newscast Gary England and the others RAN from the studio. Apparently a tornado was heading directly towards the television studios. All you saw was the bottoms of their feet as they exercised the "NIKE RESPONSE" aka run like h3ll!

Old 03-22-2009, 09:59 AM

491 posts, read 1,475,451 times
Oh yeah, I remember that, rb. They were like "ok, it's headin for the studio, we gotta get outta here!" then static. I was scared. I thought my Gary was gone. LOL

I love him. He really is so good. I like how he always takes time to talk to kids that may be home alone and tell them what to do.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:18 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,434,568 times
Cool video!!! I've seen Gary England several times on the weather channel during Storm Stories. There's a huge weather center that tracks storms/tornadoes. I think it's either in Moore or Norman. Can't remember for sure. Anyway, they track storms for miles around and we've heard forecasts that tell us about the OK weather center issuing severe storms WAY up here. They must cover a huge area.

SO, everyone be cautious down there. This storm forecast starts in northern Tx. and extends north of us way up here. The time period may go into Monday night and that's a lot of time for something to pop out of the sky. I'll take this any day over a snowstorm though.

You know, I can kind of understand the fear that some people who have of tornadoes. Can you imagine moving to tornado alley when you're 50 years old, never had to seek shelter, never seen tornado aftermath, etc? It would make a person apprehensive.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:52 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Cool video!!! I've seen Gary England several times on the weather channel during Storm Stories. There's a huge weather center that tracks storms/tornadoes. I think it's either in Moore or Norman. Can't remember for sure. Anyway, they track storms for miles around and we've heard forecasts that tell us about the OK weather center issuing severe storms WAY up here. They must cover a huge area.

SO, everyone be cautious down there. This storm forecast starts in northern Tx. and extends north of us way up here. The time period may go into Monday night and that's a lot of time for something to pop out of the sky. I'll take this any day over a snowstorm though.

You know, I can kind of understand the fear that some people who have of tornadoes. Can you imagine moving to tornado alley when you're 50 years old, never had to seek shelter, never seen tornado aftermath, etc? It would make a person apprehensive.
That would be the NOAA's National Severe Storms Laboratory (NSSL) in Norman, Oklahoma. They are not only serving people for miles around, but the entire country!

NOAA's National Severe Storms Laboratory

Old 03-22-2009, 01:31 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,827,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Can you imagine moving to tornado alley when you're 50 years old, never had to seek shelter, never seen tornado aftermath, etc? ....
I didn't have to imagine... That's ME!!! Except for the apprehensive part. You'll find me outside snapping pics until the hail threatens to damage my camera.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:44 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,434,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
That would be the NOAA's National Severe Storms Laboratory (NSSL) in Norman, Oklahoma. They are not only serving people for miles around, but the entire country!

NOAA's National Severe Storms Laboratory
Well, how cool is that!!!!! I knew they took care of my area, too but had no idea it was nationwide. I hope they've all gotten a lot of rest cause after the thunderstorm we had this afternoon, something will definitely happen somewhere. The lightning and thunder were something else and after the rain stopped, we went outside and were hit with the humidity of Southern states. Very odd for us to have that in March.

Robyn, I had no idea that you lived outside of tornado alley. I'm glad that you weren't afraid and adjusted very well. I think you normally have more tornadoes down there then we do, but we've had some rough ones up here, too~just not this early in the season, but I dunno......The way things look a tornado wouldn't surprise me at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma