Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2009, 08:46 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,485,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Is it possible to get snow without ice? I've seen ice without snow..but snow without ice?
I think so. We had beautiful powdery snow in Utah with no ice. But here in Oklahoma, not sure.

When in doubt read the TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 10:18 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I am ok with some snow and cold....no ice please
Not even for your sodi-pop?

I've lived around the cold winter most of my life. And I still never learned how to iceskate, I have as much grace on skates as a cow on a sheet of blackice does. And I've seen that before, its funny as heck,OTFLMAO!

Old 11-09-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post

I've lived around the cold winter most of my life. And I still never learned how to iceskate, I have as much grace on skates as a cow on a sheet of blackice does. And I've seen that before, its funny as heck,OTFLMAO!

Oh I will make an exception for that lol. I drink alot of ice water. no soda...makes my hands swell.
I used to ice skate years ago, since I grew up in Colorado. Haven't been on skates for years. Skiing is fun. You should try it.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:14 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Oh I will make an exception for that lol. I drink alot of ice water. no soda...makes my hands swell.
I used to ice skate years ago, since I grew up in Colorado. Haven't been on skates for years. Skiing is fun. You should try it.
I have tried skiing in the past, spent more time on my backside than I care to remember. I guess I'm just a big cluts.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:25 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:

I'm the same way, In Michigan I could rollerskate but I could never stand straight on iceskates.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:35 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
In the 50's and 60's my Grandfather owned one of the biggest ski lodges in Michigan. It was called "Caberfae". Then it was a log building and only "rope" lifts on 3-4 slopes.
We use to go out in the spring after the snow melted and search the slopes for money/change. They didnt have zipper pockets then.

It's now called "Caberfae Peaks"

Ski Michigan, Caberfae Peaks Ski Resort, Michigan

Old 11-09-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
I have tried skiing in the past, spent more time on my backside than I care to remember. I guess I'm just a big cluts.
It took me a while to learn, then I decided to take lessons and it was a breeze after that. I doubt your are a clutz, just need a little more practice. I brought my skis with me when I moved to Oklahoma...why..I have no clue. Was hoping to find a mountain I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
In the 50's and 60's my Grandfather owned one of the biggest ski lodges
in Michigan. It was called "Caberfae". Then it was a log building and only "rope" lifts on 3-4 slopes.
We use to go out in the spring after the snow melted and search the slopes for money/change. They didnt have zipper pockets then.

It's now called "Caberfae Peaks"

Ski Michigan, Caberfae Peaks Ski Resort, Michigan

Hey that is awesome! Nice article

Old 11-09-2009, 07:37 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,498,348 times
I'm as fond of ice, as I am of snakes. My husband loves to ice fish. Find yourself a better friend, than me, I told him.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:18 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
I'm as fond of ice, as I am of snakes. My husband loves to ice fish. Find yourself a better friend, than me, I told him.
LOL debey, I sure agree with that!

Old 11-14-2009, 09:59 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Happy weekend, Okies and others who join in on the fun here!

I third what Debey said. Those two things are my enemies, too.

SDPB featured part of OK this morning. It was in the Beaver Bend area (southern OK?) and they showed the changing of the trees and a cute little path. Gorgeous!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma