Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 03:39 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times

Advertisements

Love the photos. I want a camera like that. What kind did you buy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 07:30 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Love the photos. I want a camera like that. What kind did you buy?
jessaka, it is a Canon Power Shot S5IS... under $400 at wally world.

Digital Cameras - High-End, Advanced Digital Cameras - Performance and Style, Digital ELPH Cameras - Easy and Fun! A-Series Digital Cameras - Digital Camera - PowerShot S5 IS - Canon USA Consumer Products

I'm sure I'll be bringing more pics here soon, just not today. Sorry... lost one of my furbabies and I'm just not myself right now, but I didn't want your question to go unanswered...

be back.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:37 AM

Thanks, even the price isn't too bad. I like how it takes close ups.

I am so sorry you lost one of your pets!

Old 10-18-2007, 05:02 AM

And here is to another scary thing in OK. Last night's thunderstorm.

I was awakened around 9:15 by a roaring sound. I looked out my window and lightning was flashing on and off as if God had ahold of my lamp switch and was playing with it like a child having fun. The wind was 60 miles per hour, and I could see trees bending in the wind, but the roar was so horrible that I was afraid that I wouldn't know the sound of a roaring tornado in relation to this roar. I finally had to get up and watch the news. I was glad that no tornadoes were sighted. I have been in a hurricane in Florida, and I don't recall the roaring. Perhaps here we have more trees and that that is where the roar originated. I hope all is well with everyone this a.m. I did hear that a tent collasped in Tulsa and 10 people were injured at the October Fest. I would not have been out in this weather. What were they thinking? I know what I was thinking. I want a tornado shelter.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:46 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
I think those were wolf spiders. I love those. Spiders are considered good luck to my people.

The storms completely bypassed us.

That camera you have rocks! I love that camera. I have the $39 wal mart Kodak. But it suits me fine.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:16 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,799 times
What a bad storm. I am so sorry that people were injured, some seriously. I don't know what the people at Octoberfest were thinking. Someone should have been watching the weather. A tent is no place for shelter during a storm, and those are big tents with big tent poles. The roaring sound you heard is because of the trees. It can be scary but if you are in a house you are safe. When I hear the wind screaming that is more scary to me, but houses can usually take that, too. The main thing is stay inside a sturdy building.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post

I am so sorry you lost one of your pets!
Thanks...it wasn't wholly unexpected, but that is a *someday* post for the pet section. Today is a little better.

I'm still getting familiar with all the "bells and whistles" on this camera but so far I am LOVING it! My old one was an Olympus D550...great little camera that gave me years of fun before I took one too many sunrise/sunset shots and the sensor gave out on it.

I'm scared stupid of wasps, but with this little gem I can stand 25 ft away and take a pic that makes me seem brave!

WASP! (http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/jimeezlady/wasp.jpg - broken link)

We missed the storm here too, mostly had a Windsday reminiscent of "Winnie the Pooh and the blustery day"... A few broken branches and downed power lines, but nothing like you guys had up north!

Old 10-18-2007, 10:34 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
I got stung by a wasp about a month ago. WOW, that ~really~! hurt.

What happended to your dog?

Old 10-18-2007, 06:14 PM

Redbird, She was a Cat but didn't know it. She had alot of health problems, and I'm happy that she stayed with us as long as she did.

The Mister had trained her to come when he whistled and she would "Speak" on command... but only for him. Still don't have another pup yet... had to have our Old guy put to sleep the year before we came out here. My heart just hasn't healed enough yet to have another... maybe someday.

I still have two other critter cats to keep me busy. You can see them HERE In the first pic, she is the one on the right.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:55 AM

15 posts, read 48,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
In honor of Halloween, and to celebrate my brand new camera I thought I would show you a couple of spooky pics!

*WARNING* If you are scared of spiders don't look!!

While helping the daughter get moved into her new place I ran across this guy hiding under a rug outside.

Well Hello there! (http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/jimeezlady/spider1.jpg - broken link)

Healthy guy! (http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/jimeezlady/spider2.jpg - broken link)

A face only his Mother could love!! (http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/jimeezlady/spiderface.jpg - broken link)
A Wolf spider. Several varieties exist throughout the region. Wolf spiders don't use webs but instead actively hunt their prey. I found a rather large one in college and made it my pet for two years. Good pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma