Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 07:33 PM

3 posts, read 5,299 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

My wife and I are moving to Omaha w/ our two kids and are looking to find an apartment that will not screw us over. We have dealt w/ problematic mgmnt in the past and would rather not face this again (something along the lines of being promised certain things and not keeping this promise). Can you please tell me anything you know about the following complexes. I've seen apartmentreviewer.com or whatever it is but need people who live here/have lived here/ know people who lived here's comments. Also comments ab the neighborhood would help. My family has had a rough past year and just want to find a nice new place to start over.

Thnx!

1) Westhaven Apartments : 288 North 116th Court, Omaha, NE

2) Centre Ridge Apartments :2940 Paddock Plaza, Omaha, NE

3) Stonegate Apartments:12102 Stonegate Drive, Omaha, NE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 08:11 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdelasalas View Post
Hey everyone,

My wife and I are moving to Omaha w/ our two kids and are looking to find an apartment that will not screw us over. We have dealt w/ problematic mgmnt in the past and would rather not face this again (something along the lines of being promised certain things and not keeping this promise). Can you please tell me anything you know about the following complexes. I've seen apartmentreviewer.com or whatever it is but need people who live here/have lived here/ know people who lived here's comments. Also comments ab the neighborhood would help. My family has had a rough past year and just want to find a nice new place to start over.

Thnx!

1) Westhaven Apartments : 288 North 116th Court, Omaha, NE

2) Centre Ridge Apartments :2940 Paddock Plaza, Omaha, NE

3) Stonegate Apartments:12102 Stonegate Drive, Omaha, NE
I don't know anything about those complexes, but if you are worried about management, avoid anything managed by Lund Company. They are TERRIBLE.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:20 AM

163 posts, read 376,709 times
I have not lived at any of those complexes, nor have I rented from the managing companies. I can recommend Vann Realty and CIP properties, though. I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with both.

As for location, Westhaven and Stonegate are in close proximity (120th and Dodge and 120th and Maple, respectively.) Of the two, Stonegate would be in a quieter area. With Centre Ridge, you're quite a bit farther east, I've never actually seen that complex, actually.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:10 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,759,472 times
Dunno any of those, but dont use PJ morgan either.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:12 AM

906 posts, read 1,810,755 times
All of those apartments (and most apartment in Omaha) are usually filled with smokers. I'd recommend visiting to get a firsthand look. If you want clean air for your kids, you should probably look into renting a small house.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:00 AM

9 posts, read 16,716 times
any properties by broadmoor i would recommend. they have treated me great.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:38 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,195,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
All of those apartments (and most apartment in Omaha) are usually filled with smokers. I'd recommend visiting to get a firsthand look. If you want clean air for your kids, you should probably look into renting a small house.
No it's not, lol..

Old 03-17-2011, 03:09 PM

163 posts, read 376,709 times
Quote:
This is strange. I've never heard this. There are certainly plenty of smokers in Omaha, but I think it may be a bit misleading to insinuate that all the air in apartment complexes is filled with secondhand smoke.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:24 PM

65 posts, read 123,673 times
Quote:
what a weird thing to allege - are you the same guy who was trying to convince people that Omaha had smog from people smoking? That was probably the most hilarious thing I have ever read on here. I only assume you are joking because these posts are so strange.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:43 PM

906 posts, read 1,810,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebr View Post
are you the same guy who was trying to convince people that Omaha had smog from people smoking?
Omaha does have smog in the city, mostly near the interstate interchanges, but it's not from second hand smoke. Smog is caused when car exhaust mixes with sunlight.

The people on this board who say smoking's not a problem in Omaha probably either live in West Omaha or they are smokers themselves. 9 out of 10 Omahans fall into those two categories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: