Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 09:07 PM

737 posts, read 1,915,925 times

Advertisements

I would have to say Zio's Pizza in the Old Market, We were having lunch one day sitting toward the back of the place and rust water was dripping on the table from the open ceiling air-duct vents. It was actually dripping on our food, we told the manager and he reluctantly with an attitude moved us to a new table and after some discussion he replaced the pizza. We almost got into an argument to demand our money back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 12:55 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,755,128 times
I cant say I recall a single bad food experience at all. Maybe a late pizza or two but really, nothing notable that I can even recall.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:37 AM

1,073 posts, read 2,193,711 times
I think I may have had a waiter or two forget to fill my drink... Not sure there was much else

Old 02-01-2014, 09:28 AM

852 posts, read 1,357,025 times
At Danny's Bar & Grill several years ago I had a waitress tell me that I was wrong. She brought out a sandwich that I didn't order and she insisted that I did.

At Old Chicago in the Old Market also several years ago, we had a waiter that was so bad, we left spare change as a tip. I don't remember why he was so bad but I do remember that he came out of the building to yell at us as we were leaving.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:28 PM

152 posts, read 244,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post
I would have to say Zio's Pizza in the Old Market, We were having lunch one day sitting toward the back of the place and rust water was dripping on the table from the open ceiling air-duct vents. It was actually dripping on our food, we told the manager and he reluctantly with an attitude moved us to a new table and after some discussion he replaced the pizza. We almost got into an argument to demand our money back.
None of this is true.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:06 PM

906 posts, read 1,809,786 times
Man Destroys Restaurant After Being Asked To Smoke Outside

Old 02-02-2014, 06:14 AM

2,234 posts, read 3,318,562 times
I've had t bad experiences in Omaha.

The first was Village Inn at the Oakview mall. The wife and I sat for 20 mins and never had anyone ask us what we wanted. We both just walked out and have never been back.

The second was at Cheese Burger in Paradise at the Village Point shopping mall. We had been eating there for years and had a good time and good food. It was one of our favorite restaurants. The last time we went there, every one working there was new to us, The food was cold and it wasn't even the what we had ordered. We complained to the manager and he wasn't interested. My wife wrote a letter to the them and they offered us a free dinner and we said no thanks and have never been back.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:18 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old General View Post
None of this is true.
Yeah, it didn't really make sense to me either, but I wasn't there so I was going to let it go. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
That was you?!? I thought you hated smoking??

Old 02-02-2014, 01:22 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
I honestly can't remember really having a bad experience at an Omaha restaurant. Sure, there were subpar meals and places I'd never go back to, but nothing really outrageous.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:43 PM

624 posts, read 1,308,950 times
The worst experience I had was at the W. Center Hooter's. The waitress brought my food and my friend only ordered water. She didn't once check back during the whole ~ 45 minutes we were there. It was super slow, only us and two other people at the bar. She spent all her time at the bar, and I pretty much had to pry her from it just to get my check. She was super snotty when she did come around.

She eventually got a boob job, which I think is funny because that isn't going to help her one bit. Obviously she doesn't work at that Hooter's anymore, and hopefully she's in something other than customer service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: