Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 03:47 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,865,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
Actually the deadline to get an absentee ballot is one hour before the polls close.
Maybe in Obamaland but not in Nebraska. I'm not sure but I think you must apply two weeks before and they have to be in election headquarters on the day of the election or postmarked by that day. I am not positive.

GL2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 08:55 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,865,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
Actually the deadline to get an absentee ballot is one hour before the polls close.
In Nebraska? Maybe Illinois.
According to the Lamcaster County Election Commissioner here in Lincoln," an absentee ballot can be picked up on November 3rd when you must provide a valid signature (election is 11/04). The ballot must be in to the election commission office by 8 PM on November 4th". Not postmarked by 8PM but actually in their office. Illinois law may be different Raphael but I believe this discussion was about Nebraska.

GL2

Old 10-08-2014, 10:31 AM

3,340 posts, read 9,688,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
In Nebraska? Maybe Illinois.
According to the Lamcaster County Election Commissioner here in Lincoln," an absentee ballot can be picked up on November 3rd when you must provide a valid signature (election is 11/04). The ballot must be in to the election commission office by 8 PM on November 4th". Not postmarked by 8PM but actually in their office. Illinois law may be different Raphael but I believe this discussion was about Nebraska.

GL2
Seeing as I'm absentee voting in Nebraska... I know my stuff, thanks. So save the condescension please. Perhaps Lancaster County is different, but Douglas county has the exact rules I gave you.

Douglas County Election Commission - Early Voting

Old 10-09-2014, 03:10 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
A great plot for a work of fiction.

Something like this: A certain elected official will be out of his cush job in two years because the Constitution prohibits him running for reelection to a third term. All of his corrupt cohorts know they will lose their ticket to the gray train if their boss has to leave office. They brainstorm and come up with this PLOT. Allow thousands of children to come across our Southern border. Then send them to various foster homes throughout the county. Many of these children are carriers of infectious diseases. Another strategy is to allow Health workers exposed to horrible diseases like Ebola into the country so they can be treated. In the summer of 2016, a few months before the next presidential election, all of these communicable diseases are out of control and have overwhelmed our medical facilities. Panic and civil unrest threaten to cause total collapse of our society. Marshal Law is declared and elections are suspended. The rest of the story is yet to be written.

An insane idea right? Yes it probably is but time will tell.

GL2
I think 'insane' gives it more credit that it deserves - 'moronic' probably doesn't even suffice, but it's closer.

PS - It's martial law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha