Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 11:19 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times

Advertisements

they already have the right. They can go to a lawyer and get a contract drawn up that would give them the same status of inheritance, etc.

Look...I'm not going to start quoting a lot of Bible verses...I doubt that most of the gay people reading this board care--they've heard 'em all before, and they have justified it in their mind.

I'm just sick of being told that we are bigots if we don't believe that gay is healthy and natural. I'm not going to call anyone names, and I'm not going to get worked up in a tizzie about it...but we're just getting sick of it. And when the voters do vote, it apparently doesn't matter--because the courts will find a way to overrule them.

Last edited by kdbrich; 11-16-2008 at 11:37 PM..

Old 11-17-2008, 12:02 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,619,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
And when the voters do vote, it apparently doesn't matter--because the courts will find a way to overrule them.
And thank Batman they do.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:43 AM

605 posts, read 1,198,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and many would question anyone who depends on getting their information for sourses like "MySpace"

Nita
And many wouldn't. Get over it and yourself.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Quote Scripture?

O.K. smart-eee...

Lets see now....

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 18:29 For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1 Timothy 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

...how's that for starters.....
The Bible also tells us not to eat shrimp, yet the right-wing fundamentalist just chose what they want to follow. They are hypocrits.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:51 AM

Quote:
But it does weaken the institution of marriage.

Having said that...I don't understand the need. Gay people can get a contract drawn up that gives each other all rights of being married.
Want to protect the sactity of marriage? BAN DIVORCE! Stay out of gay and lesbian bedrooms. Once again the K.I.S.S. principle: Keep It Simple Stupid!

Old 11-17-2008, 04:59 AM

Quote:
no. it is not a human rights issue. marriage your way is not a basic human right.
The fact that the gov't has to issue marriage licenses makes it a civil right issue. and the separation of church and state would apply. The US Constitution doesn't even mention gays and lesbian. There is nothing in the US Constitution that bans gay marriage. Period.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd4 View Post
what if everyone was just allowed a "civil union", gay and straight.

then, if you belong to a church, temple, etc..., they could decide if you can be "married" there or not.

because i don't think you don't care if gay couples have the exact same rights as married couples, so why not just take the word "marriage" out of federal law and make that word part of each couple's own religious ceremony ?
Marriages versus Civil Unions: This is where Separate but UnEqual comes in. married couple get hospital visitations, etc. in Civil unions those bene fits from Marriage can be too easily taken away.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
they already have the right. They can go to a lawyer and get a contract drawn up that would give them the same status of inheritance, etc.

Look...I'm not going to start quoting a lot of Bible verses...I doubt that most of the gay people reading this board care--they've heard 'em all before, and they have justified it in their mind.

I'm just sick of being told that we are bigots if we don't believe that gay is healthy and natural. I'm not going to call anyone names, and I'm not going to get worked up in a tizzie about it...but we're just getting sick of it. And when the voters do vote, it apparently doesn't matter--because the courts will find a way to overrule them.
My argument over and over; they can have any legal rights they want by seeing a lawyer and this is the way it should be for anyone co-habitating regardless of the couple, but that is where I want it to stop and I can guarantee you, my gay friends and associates would not think of me as being a bigot. My gay friends do not protest or march either.

Nita

Old 11-17-2008, 05:06 AM

Quote:

If the shoe fits that's what we are going to call you. Get over it, get educated already.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
And many wouldn't. Get over it and yourself.
boy are you on a roll, do you have an answer for everyone who differs from you? Did it dawn on you there is a reason the proposition went down in defeat and similar ones do all over the country every election??? I think it is time you let this die, and get over it, instead of suggesting we all do...

There will be an election again in two years, now let it go til then. By carrying on the way you do all you are is bringing the negative side of your fight to the surface..

Did it ever occur to you, not all gays march or protest and not all even feel the way you do???

NIta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: