Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 03:58 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,542,458 times

Advertisements

Southroads Mall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

has a section called

Return to Mall Format

which says:

It's rumored that Southroads may become a mall again after Ameritrade's lease ends. Ameritrade has decided recently to leave in 2011 from Southroads mall leaving question to the rumors of it becoming a mall again becoming more and more real. It is a big loss to the Southroads but also opens up it to being available to become a mall again.

With the city doing the right stuff to improve it could mean a big return to it being a mall again. In much reality, they will have no choice since Ameritrade is leaving. Ameritrade is rumored to be giving $50,000 to the city in order to get retail tenants for the mall.

It has been officially released that Southroads will return to the mall format in 2012. The original food court will be redone and new stores will be put in. The mall will also have its old look put back in.

It is said to be done as the current format is failing. Project should be done in 2012 when the grand reopening will take place. Younkers will be coming back as also a dillards store to.

The mall has been said to be managed by Simon Malls once again and is working with the city of bellevue to bring back the elegance of Southroads once again.

anyone know if any of this is true.

on a side note, any word on when Crossroads mall will have anything on the 2nd floor or in the old dillards.

I am still suggesting a dollar theatre and a video game arcade at crossroads mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 04:17 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,552,699 times
I would be very suprised if it worked

Old 11-03-2009, 07:40 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,939 times
Won't happen. Cosentry, if the need is present, may fill more space. I would bet my house that "mall" will never become a mall again. Too many better options for shopping.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:17 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
This has been in the works for sometime now. I think it was around the beginning of the year that this was revealed. I know it was discussed on the EOmaha Forums.

As for Crossroads, to my knowledge it is still for sale. I think we can probably forget about anything going in there until they find a buyer. It's a shame too, I have a ton of memories in that mall and hate to see it dying off.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:19 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,542,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
This has been in the works for sometime now. I think it was around the beginning of the year that this was revealed. I know it was discussed on the EOmaha Forums.

As for Crossroads, to my knowledge it is still for sale. I think we can probably forget about anything going in there until they find a buyer. It's a shame too, I have a ton of memories in that mall and hate to see it dying off.

crossroads and that old target store and bakers place on ames and 50th

I think are all still for sale and all are eyesores cause of nothing being there but empty buildings

Old 11-04-2009, 10:04 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,509,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post

I think are all still for sale and all are eyesores cause of nothing being there but empty buildings
Southroads opened when I was in High School. It was a very nice mall with a Brandeis and a Penny's Department stores as anchors. I think the eastern part of Sarpy county can support a shopping mall again. Bellevue has 50,000 people and many people from South Omaha used to patronize the mall. Shopping wise, there's nothing in either South Omaha or eastern Sarpy or northern Cass counties except for Wall Mart. I think it would be successful.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:58 AM

5 posts, read 19,519 times
I want the crossroads to become a giant flea market/homeless shelter. Every store will have the charm of a hood pawn shop, and nothing new shall ever be sold. Instead of jewelry kiosks there will be someone on every hall corner in a trenchcoat trying to sell you stolen watches and chains along with an unshaven ratty-clothed pass-out drunk face down in vomit. The food court will feature the likes of cheese sandwiches (available in 6'' or footlong). The bathrooms will be used solely for drugs and sex.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:53 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,685,890 times
^^ What the heck was that?

Old 11-08-2009, 05:57 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,666,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post

There's a new 1st National Bank being built there. Hopefully that'll spark more business.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:52 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
There's a new 1st National Bank being built there. Hopefully that'll spark more business.
Yep. Going in where the old Blockbuster was. I know that shopping center well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha