Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,080 times

Advertisements

I'm one of those woman and you would not find me at happy hour or a club. try running at the beach, pilates classes, book stores on a sat morning, charity events, find out what successful woman do and see if you need their services (as in professional) and make an appt or call their office and inquiry about what they do, say you may have a referral. boating, while out, look at tables full of women, send a drink over or a note with a card, but dont try to take them away from their friends at that time. grocery stores such as trader joes or whole foods, dog parks, if you want to meet someone with a brain...go to place where a woman would actually use it, not a bar. I wouldn't go through a dating service, too many players. also let all the professional woman and men you know that you are actively looking for someone and ask for referrals to be setup
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2023, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 993 times
My suggestion is to go where the ladies meet up; not to meet guys but to socialize with each other: the nicer restaurants in Fashion Island, Crystal Cove, South Coast Plaza, the Spectrum, CdM. Girls travel in packs so always bring a wing man or two even if they’re attached. It’s way less creepy that way.

You can try cooking classes at Williams Sonoma or Sur La Table. Events at private clubs or business organizations. Where do the quality gals go on their off time? The grocery store, dog parks, Pilates classes, yoga classes, tennis courts, pickle ball courts, the golf course, walking the beach…

Super cliche’ but shopping for many women is like sports bars for men, so don’t count that out. You might want to step up the gift giving to your mom and/or sisters and frequent hot spots like the beauty or shoe departments in the higher end department stores (only slightly kidding). Ask for an opinion and be sure to mention the gift is for a family member so they don’t think you’re a cheating husband out on the scam.

Meeting someone during the day is always less intimidating than the night “bar scene”. You see people in a more realistic light, rather than with the “party mask” on. Believe me, it is a HUGE challenge for attractive professional women to meet quality guys in OC.

Old 01-22-2023, 10:58 PM

8,659 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborEastGuy View Post
Best Places to Meet Professional Women in OC
Quote:
Does anyone have any suggestions for where the
young professional women go to meet professional men?
The blonde bimbos
from typical bars like Sutra are fun to look at but that's about all you
get from them.
Elite Connections is (or at least used to be) popular (Newport Beach), a private/elite dating service (which definitely beats the bar/nightclub scene i.e. clients are screened/interviewed). The women are established professionals/accomplished and very attractive, as a whole, but you’ll need to be as well.

Old 01-29-2023, 08:32 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,632 times
This is a FIFTEEN year old topic. The OP is probably dead by now.....

Old 02-04-2023, 04:31 PM

1,874 posts, read 2,232,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
I'd like to think they turned a new leaf and learned how to find someone who made him want to be a better person as well as find himself in the process.

Old 02-05-2023, 06:13 PM

71 posts, read 72,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Just because the original post is old, doesn't mean the topic or question or responses are old or invalid. In this case they are. It's still a valid question.

Old 02-08-2023, 01:06 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
The blonde bimbos
from typical bars like Sutra are fun to look at but that's about all you
get from them. (Besides the attitude and being treated like a human
wallet..)

Signed-
Human Wallet #5,163,320 from Irvine
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo2900 View Post
The majority of OC women are an absolute nightmare to date....let alone marrying one...OMG!....financial ruin and law suits follow a short 3 months weekend banging

There are lots of professional women in OC, flo. If the O.P. is having trouble tho, it could be because he doesn’t sound like a confident, friendly and professional man.

Old 02-10-2023, 09:03 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftgolfer View Post
Church, volunteer programs, charity programs, etc. My friend, this is where the "quality" women are. They are not out at bars and clubs. They are tucked away in their beds come Friday night because there volunteering their time Saturday morning to some kind of event. I met my wife of eight years on the yearly 150 mile charity bike ride for MS, from Newport Bay to Mission Bay. Good women are looking for good men. You have to put yourself in places where the kind of woman your looking for are going to be, and that's not out partying. I'm not saying there aren't any quality women partying, but the odds of you meeting them are reduced while in a crowd of hundreds drinking and dancing. The girls have already had to deal with 50 idiots by the time you talk to them, so their defenses are up. Your intoxicated, so your not as smooth as you might think. The crowd is overwhelming to the ears. There's just so many things that lower the odds. Trust me, do some good works for the less fortunate, and you'll be rewarded. You'll never be able to seek out love, it just happens when your in the "right place" at the right time. Don't get discouraged, your numbers got to come up sooner or later. Good luck brother!
Here's a guy who gets it, but the OP ignored his post, smh. Typical. People have posted similar to this on the Seattle forum and the Bay Area forum, too, but with similar results. Thirsty guys there stay thirsty and desperate, and can't figure out why they're not getting anywhere on OLD or in the bar scene.

Old 02-10-2023, 09:27 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Thirsty guys there stay thirsty and desperate, and can't figure out why they're not getting anywhere on OLD or in the bar scene.

I hate the word thirsty…it makes me laugh. So many adolescent guys use it about their peers & online. But IMO….the type of professional man that is looking for a professional woman isn’t “thirsty”. They wouldn’t be looking for a professional woman or relationship…just sex AND, they wouldn’t be looking in bars for attention. OC or anywhere.

Old 02-12-2023, 08:19 PM

8,302 posts, read 13,437,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Here's a guy who gets it, but the OP ignored his post, smh. Typical. People have posted similar to this on the Seattle forum and the Bay Area forum, too, but with similar results. Thirsty guys there stay thirsty and desperate, and can't figure out why they're not getting anywhere on OLD or in the bar scene.
I used to agree, or I should say think that way but it then occurred to me, if I am not the religious/church or charity type but pretend to be that type just to meet a decent woman, would not only be lying to myself but also to that woman.

I mean, even if I liked her, and somehow she liked me, after getting to know me and finding out the "real" me which is living quite a different life than hers, would naturally put the relationship in danger.
I hate to pretend to be someone else just to impress someone. She should see and (hopefully) like the real me from get go even though it is not butter.

If I was just going to clubs/bars to find a woman and I was actually not into that scene then that suggestion could actually be applicable.

Also, if the guy in question was the volunteering to charity/going to church type, wouldn't he be already in the right environment and would naturally be able to meet someone suitable?

I still think the best or one of the best ways to meet someone, especially as a guy, is thru a mutual connection, whether that connection is family/relative or friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County