Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 10:54 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times

Advertisements

EST has morphed post-Werner into the Landmark Forum, and there's a center near there somewhere.
I was almost hoodwinked into attending once, but as soon as I learned of its roots I grabbed my 10-foot pole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 03:02 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
All of Orange County is not created equal. Sorry but you couldn't pay me to live north of SouthCoast plaza. Tustin, Santa Ana, Anaheim, etc. No thanks! South OC is where it's at. It's beautiful down here. I'm right by Cleveland national forest in the San Juan area. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. I'd have to say the corridor between SD and South OC has some really cool areas. Northern OC is way too crowded and flat for my tastes. But maybe I haven't seen enough of Anaheim, Yorba Linda etc.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:15 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,899,749 times
How can a place be heavenly if it has no soul?

Crowded, (1/5 the size of SD county, same population), vacuous people, a culture based on shopping and planned down to every inch of its scrub- no thanks. I drive as fast as I can to get through that scary place.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:34 PM

590 posts, read 1,249,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yes, let's do! First off, we who live in the Coachella Valley do not consider ourselves part of the "Inland Empire". I live in the Coachella Valley - not the Inland Empire. Secondly, in the Coachella Valley, I can hop in my car and get on the freeway and rarely, if ever be stuck sitting in traffic for hours on end. The times we do have traffic are when there is a major traffic collision, or the Glamis traffic a couple of days before Thanksgiving weekend and a day after when everybody is leaving Glamis and returning to ORANGE COUNTY or LA. Thirdly, there are open spaces and land in the Coachella Valley. I do not have neighbors breathing down my neck. How about you?

curious where you are located?? We are desert rats as our second home..actually three now!! We have a condo in LaQuinta by the Resort Hotel..and last year bought a real house in Trilogy(La Quinta)...tho we still close up the house around June 15th and stay in OC til after Oct 1st to avoid the 110 degree desert summers...actually I feel we have best of both worlds...

agree with you that getting into OC or even LA from the Valley depend upon traffic and time of day

we time it so we avoid commuters..and short of a huge accident..we can make it door to door (110 Miles) in two hours...

Old 04-05-2011, 01:58 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Northern OC is way too crowded and flat for my tastes. But maybe I haven't seen enough of Anaheim, Yorba Linda etc.
If you think Yorba Linda and Anaheim = flat, then yes Virginia, you haven't seen enough.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
EST has morphed post-Werner into the Landmark Forum, and there's a center near there somewhere.
I was almost hoodwinked into attending once, but as soon as I learned of its roots I grabbed my 10-foot pole.
I said "no thank you" when someone I knew who went said they locked the doors and wouldn't let anyone go to the bathroom.

(Also said "no" to the paying good money to walk on hot coals.)

Old 04-05-2011, 04:11 PM

3,889 posts, read 4,543,431 times
Default Awww...

It's nice to know you don't take your good fortune for granted!

I may not get the Newport or Laguna Shoreline in three minutes driving a BMW, but I can get there in my trusty Nissan Sentra in about 30!

We do this together...

YouTube - Nam Myoho Renge Kyo - Ancient Chants, Blissful Grooves

(anyone remember that one?)

Old 04-05-2011, 04:20 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Kool-Aid!

Old 04-05-2011, 05:09 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post

Crowded, (1/5 the size of SD county, same population), vacuous people, a culture based on shopping and planned down to every inch of its scrub- no thanks. I drive as fast as I can to get through that scary place.
Nonsense.

"Soul" is one of those undefined pretend words like "spirit", analogous to the blank square in Scrabble - it's wild card to which you can give any meaning you want.

Planning, master planning is nice. Things look good and everything is organized. Plenty of attention is paid to maintaining open space. Plenty of neighborhood, community, and regional parks. Cheerful landscaping including flowers, on the sides of roads and in the medians. Modern safe traffic control devices, harmony in architecture and color, and logical zoning of retail, industrial, automotive services, residential etc. HOAs keep the riff raff from riff raffing (and the property values up).

No hodge podge non-zoned neighborhoods with a pizza parlor next door to a brake shop next door to a pre-school next door to a church next door to three residences next door to a car wash, etc.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:27 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Yes .... incredibly cookie-cutter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County