Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 07:22 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,974 times

Advertisements

Which way has worse traffic?? 405N going towards L.A or the 5N?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 08:25 PM

54 posts, read 152,875 times
Dunno: 5N can be a bear at almost any hour; 405N is bad if you have to go through the JWA bottleneck.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:26 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,451,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Which way has worse traffic?? 405N going towards L.A or the 5N?
Probably the 5, especially once you get into LA county where its still 3 lanes wide from 1955.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:00 PM

394 posts, read 966,995 times
The 405 thru the South Bay Curve, near the 90 and the 10 junctions, is a real PITA as well.

Fact is, there is NO good way to get there from here at that time of day...

Old 05-09-2011, 09:04 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,903 times
Not to scare you or anything but ... I've been in bumper to bumper traffic from just outside of O.C. all the way to Hollywood, nearly four hours of traffic. Guess what the cause was?

A stalled car smacked dab right in the middle of the freeway. Red to the head fuming, expletives ensued.

I think you should try another class on another day or at another time.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:27 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
Not to scare you or anything but ... I've been in bumper to bumper traffic from just outside of O.C. all the way to Hollywood, nearly four hours of traffic. Guess what the cause was?

A stalled car smacked dab right in the middle of the freeway. Red to the head fuming, expletives ensued.

Ugh sounds like you are right

Old 05-09-2011, 12:23 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Can you leave work early, take the train and do some work on your computer or by telephone while on the train?

Old 05-09-2011, 12:29 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post

I ahve had several of those type of instances. The second worst was a nice looking young girl in a bikini top and short shorts chaning the tire on a Jeep CJ. Every single guy thoguht that he had better to see if she needed "help" despite the fact that she just told the last 20 guys no. ("But surely she will wnat help when she sees ME!") The worst was when someone knocked a power pole down and the wires fell across the 405.

All kinds of wierd things happen. The most common is a two or three car accident. Even the tail end of a fender bender can cost you an hour. If there is an injury or death, it will be a long long wait. Given the number of cars, simple odds dictate that there will be two or more accidents during rush hour pretty much every week.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:05 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I ahve had several of those type of instances. The second worst was a nice looking young girl in a bikini top and short shorts chaning the tire on a Jeep CJ. Every single guy thoguht that he had better to see if she needed "help" despite the fact that she just told the last 20 guys no. ("But surely she will wnat help when she sees ME!") The worst was when someone knocked a power pole down and the wires fell across the 405.

All kinds of wierd things happen. The most common is a two or three car accident. Even the tail end of a fender bender can cost you an hour. If there is an injury or death, it will be a long long wait. Given the number of cars, simple odds dictate that there will be two or more accidents during rush hour pretty much every week.
Lots of crazy sh-t happens around L.A. I was driving down into L.A., bumper to bumper traffic and two cars in front of me, a car, instead of hitting the breaks, hit the gas instead and rear ended the car in front, the other person behind him did the same but worse -- the whole front was smashed in and this was all in the left fast lane. It's not like we're going 70-80 here, pay attention people.

Also, the ever so dangerous moron who does not know how to merge, and people who merge out of the carpool lane on a double yellow and don't signal.

And don't you love the cool race car drivers who need to zoom and zip in and out of the lanes to let you and everyone else on the road know that they're a race car driver of some sort. I don't know about you but I always look at them with great admiration, I tell myself, 'There goes the coolest person, ev-ver!'.

Another incident on the 405, a wheel popped off a pickup truck several cars in front of me -- went up really high and bounced of the windshield of a van in the next lane near me and it proceeded to bounce back; it all happened so fast I had no idea how I got out unscathed, several other cars where trying to avoid it too, it was f'ing bat sh-t crazy.

Yeah, the traffic is #1 deterrent for me ever moving back to SoCal.

Last edited by BVitamin; 05-09-2011 at 02:01 PM..

Old 05-09-2011, 01:30 PM

513 posts, read 580,957 times
Aren't you the one who always used to post about how afraid you were of driving on highways?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County