Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 01:16 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,411,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Some of these native Californians don't like others bashing their areas, so they'll call you troll and criticize you for telling the truth about some areas.

Anyways, I've been to the OC on many occasions and those people acted like they lived in the 1950s.
Gosh, if only we could be as sophisticated and worldly as you.

Someone from L.A. of all places judging O.C., oh the irony. LMAO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 02:10 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,859,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
There was a lot of good ol' boys, and by that I mean California type good ol' boys or "peckerwoods" as they're called in jail. Unlike in the south, these guys don't chew tobacco or hunt or sport confederate flags...
IF you indeed are telling the truth about what allegedly took place maybe it happened because they saw some bigoted people getting out of a car based on some ignorant stereotypes that they believed to be true about all people and they way they look.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:15 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,379,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
Your whole thread is a troll and you're being called out on it. I'm starting to doubt that you have ever set foot in OC.
Yet again, another example of why I don't engage in discussions with Z-Huge Liar-ng. He's just not very bright.

Troll: "In internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional responseor of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion." Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-13-2011, 02:23 PM

5 posts, read 10,769 times
Lets be real here, the truth is Blacks are the most racist people in America. Everybody want's to blame whites on some reverse racism PC lib garbage. But the fact is, us whites can't even go anywhere without being attacked because of our race. I believe this story is BS.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:31 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,548,884 times
"And any "looks" or bad vibes felt in OC aren't do to race, its due to rich white people simply thinking they are better than anyone who isn't rich. Its more of a class thing, not a race thing, and that's only in South Orange County, not the "whole" southern california."

Found this in a locked thread from a while back. Guess who the author is? Speaking of "vibes" the only thing that made me question the veracity of the OP's claims is the first post in the thread. When people start tossing around knowledge or claims of prison slang, skinhead apparel, fighting said skinheads, carrying knives, steel batons, etc... it gives me pause to think and question. Just a little too much hyperbole. I won't discount claims of discrimination or prejudice in California - I've been called whitey and that pejorative for gay that starts with an "F" (filter won't let me post it) enough growing up in San Francisco to know it can happen. Again, its just the general feel I get from the post that makes me wonder.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:40 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,967,762 times
I KNEW it... I can smell an agenda through my screen. The old, tired "South OC = racist/rich white people" agenda. **YAAAAWN**

Old 06-13-2011, 02:41 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,683,509 times
Lightbulb And Here's The Counterpoint To That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Ways Of Life View Post
Lets be real here, the truth is Blacks are the most racist people in America. Everybody want's to blame whites on some reverse racism PC lib garbage. But the fact is, us whites can't even go anywhere without being attacked because of our race. I believe this story is BS.
I've been black for the last 55 years, and I can tell you I and a lot of others like me, simply don't have time to run around going 'grrr! hate whitey! kill whitey! Whitey is to blame for all mah troubles! Boo-hoo-hoo!'...we're off raising our families, getting educated, and enjoying life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness---same as our white counterparts...

And you really need to turn off the TV and quit getting all those 'talking head talking points'..."reverse racism PC lib garbage"? You've gotta do better than that...in fact, I'll go one better---my family is one of just a few black families in my area, and after 6 years in the neighborhood, we've never had a problem...not ONE...people ask us to watch their houses while they go out of town, invite us to block parties, actuallly (gasp!) STOP AND TALK to our 'reverse racist black selves' as we work in our yard...

So, as Tommy Lee Jones said in 'The Fugitive'...'wanna change your b*ll***t story now?' I don't know who poured sour milk on your Wheaties this morning, but it sure as shootin' wasn't me or anyone I know...quit always wanting to swell up and spit stereotypes, and actually try human interaction for once...but no, that might not work---we're black after all, and we just might try and rob you or steal your car

Edit: to my fellow posters in California---sorry for 'butting in' like this, but somebody has to stand up when junk like this hits the 'airwaves'

Last edited by captaincatfish; 06-13-2011 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: Wanted to make clear my reason for posting in this particular thread...

Old 06-13-2011, 02:43 PM

The most racist place in LA are the Black and Latino area's. This is a fact, but this guy want's to make it seem like Whites are the bad guys? LOL , sorry but Blacks have streets named after Racists. I.E. Malcolm X

Old 06-13-2011, 02:46 PM

624 posts, read 1,248,139 times
" I brought my knife with me" ??? Suggests you might be the problem and found what you were seeking...

Old 06-13-2011, 02:47 PM

Lets see, Blacks make up most of the prison population and they are a small population of the population. Affirmative Action = Racist, BET = Racist, NAACP = Racist, Black Colleges = Racist, United Negro College Fund = Racist. Now when we whites get all that then come talk to me. But just because you behave and can control yourself means you're not a racist. I don't know you, I just know the fact that most Blacks ARE racist and only voted for Obama because he's Black. Let us do that, let us vote for a white person based on race, we get called out and labeled racists by your leaders Al Sharpton and Jessee Jackson who are both worse than any Klan Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I've been black for the last 55 years, and I can tell you I and a lot of others like me, simply don't have time to run around going 'grrr! hate whitey! kill whitey! Whitey is to blame for all mah troubles! Boo-hoo-hoo!'...we're off raising our families, getting educated, and enjoying life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness---same as our white counterparts...

And you really need to turn off the TV and quit getting all those 'talking head talking points'..."reverse racism PC lib garbage"? You've gotta do better than that...in fact, I'll go one better---my family is one of just a few black families in my area, and after 6 years in the neighborhood, we've never had a problem...not ONE...people ask us to watch their houses while they go out of town, invite us to block parties, actuallly (gasp!) STOP AND TALK to our 'reverse racist black selves' as we work in our yard...

So, as Tommy Lee Jones said in 'The Fugitive'...'wanna change your b*ll***t story now?' I don't know who poured sour milk on your Wheaties this morning, but it sure as shootin' wasn't me or anyone I know...quit always wanting to swell up and spit stereotypes, and actually try human interaction for once...but no, that might not work---we're black after all, and we just might try and rob you or steal your car

Edit: to my fellow posters in California---sorry for 'butting in' like this, but somebody has to stand up when junk like this hits the 'airwaves'
gl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County