Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 02:56 PM

10 posts, read 17,832 times

Advertisements

Not to long ago I posted a thread saying I was going on vacation to Newport for a little bit of both business and family time and I was wondering how things were with diversity, and differences between Hispanics and all and I must say, Newport was amazing. By far one of the best vacations I have ever had, and my wife now wouldn't mind to make it her permanent home, or getting a beach rental for some months out of the summer. I found people to be very polite, and friendly, very helpful. I heard so many negative things about Orange County, about racism and all and to be honest, I didn't feel any of it.

Balboa island was amazingly beautiful, looked very family oriented, food was great. Fashion island and restaurants were withing a 5 minute distance from the hotel, south coast plaza was wonderful. I even took a trip up to Laguna and that was fabulous, Corona Del Mar was gorgeous. I even traveled a little into Santa Ana/Anaheim/Garden Grove to see if I can see the differences between the cities and although you can tell the differences, it was not as bad as I thought it would be, considering I come from NY/NJ and you can see differences between boroughs and cities. Over all Orange County treated me well and I plan to either visit again for a longer vacation, or purchase a beach house in Corona Del Mar, or Newport Beach for my wife and my mother in law to enjoy with my children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 04:25 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Glad you had a good time! (Knew you would.)

Old 07-25-2011, 05:36 PM

10 posts, read 17,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Glad you had a good time! (Knew you would.)
Yes it was wonderful and you were right, thank you.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:42 PM

394 posts, read 966,995 times
Corona Del Mar and Laguna Beach are fabulous if you have the means - but it can be a real Moderator cut: rude getting into or out of either town, especially with summer traffic!

Glad you had a good experience here. No surprise that you did...

Last edited by Kimballette; 07-26-2011 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 07-26-2011, 03:53 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izucantc View Post
Yes it was wonderful and you were right, thank you.
Yep, liberals will claim OC is full of racist and such but its all lies. Its their foolish attempts to demonize what they concider a conservative stronghold in their territory.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izucantc View Post
Not to long ago I posted a thread saying I was going on vacation to Newport for a little bit of both business and family time and I was wondering how things were with diversity, and differences between Hispanics and all and I must say, Newport was amazing. By far one of the best vacations I have ever had, and my wife now wouldn't mind to make it her permanent home, or getting a beach rental for some months out of the summer. I found people to be very polite, and friendly, very helpful. I heard so many negative things about Orange County, about racism and all and to be honest, I didn't feel any of it.

Balboa island was amazingly beautiful, looked very family oriented, food was great. Fashion island and restaurants were withing a 5 minute distance from the hotel, south coast plaza was wonderful. I even took a trip up to Laguna and that was fabulous, Corona Del Mar was gorgeous. I even traveled a little into Santa Ana/Anaheim/Garden Grove to see if I can see the differences between the cities and although you can tell the differences, it was not as bad as I thought it would be, considering I come from NY/NJ and you can see differences between boroughs and cities. Over all Orange County treated me well and I plan to either visit again for a longer vacation, or purchase a beach house in Corona Del Mar, or Newport Beach for my wife and my mother in law to enjoy with my children.
Glad you had such a wonderful vacation and found a place you love. Yes, Balboa has always been one of my favorite places in So Ca, although I haven't been there for many, many years. If you can afford to buy a place there, go for it. I am a firm believer how you treat others determines how they treat you. Too many label areas because they are narrow minded.

NIta

Old 07-29-2011, 07:50 AM

286 posts, read 640,107 times
My wife and family just got back from a VaCa from Socal as well. We went to HB, NB, LB, the Huntington Library, the OC Fair, the flea market at Goldenwest college, Monterey Park, Rowland Heights, and much more.

We absolutely love it there. The people are friendly, the food is great, just wonderful.

Wish we had the means to move and live there.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:54 AM

1,376 posts, read 3,082,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Yep, liberals will claim OC is full of racist and such but its all lies. Its their foolish attempts to demonize what they concider a conservative stronghold in their territory.
It's not all lies and just because the OP didnt experience it doesnt mean it doesnt exist. HB is way, way better than it was before, but there's still a pretty big "white power" type presence.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:25 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,530,288 times
It's so nice to read something positive about southern California for a change. I'm glad you had a nice vacation... I lived in Laguna Niguel for over 25 years..(and in L.A. County for over 10)..so I know the area quite well...you chose a fun place for fun and relaxation. We have recently retired to CO. and have a different life now..I now see the Rockies from my house instead of the ocean.....it's all different, but all of it is good....

Old 07-29-2011, 12:31 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,530,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBobJoeBobWilly View Post
My wife and family just got back from a VaCa from Socal as well. We went to HB, NB, LB, the Huntington Library, the OC Fair, the flea market at Goldenwest college, Monterey Park, Rowland Heights, and much more.

We absolutely love it there. The people are friendly, the food is great, just wonderful.

Wish we had the means to move and live there.
Because it is a melting pot, southern California has great restaurants, all varied, fitting all types of budgets...

Seeing the original Pinkie and Blue Boy paintings are a wonderful experience and the Japanese Garden is beautiful! Huntington did it right!

Next time, book tickets way ahead online and go see the Pagent of the Masters....it'll knock your socks off and be a lifetime experience that you will never forget...it's simply amazing!

Am glad you had a good time, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County