Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2011, 12:59 PM

9 posts, read 22,447 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Huntington Beach in the early spring with two other people from Boston. We are all in our 20s. We are looking to live in an apartment complex within walking distance to the beach...pier...main st., etc... We are looking to spend around 1700 max. We found The Huntington Breakers apartments to be the closest to what we are looking for. Does anyone have any experience with living there? Also I have not been able to find any other apartments near the beach. Can anyone recommend a good complex near the beach? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 02:34 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,013,955 times
there are tons of apartments in the downtown area (in your price range) Most are unlisted or listed through craigslist. some are nice, some are kind of ratty. There is a lot of action downtown, but the BS (tourists, drunken yahoos from riverside and ontario counties) gets old very fast. I would recommend getting at least 6 blocks away from main street.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:23 PM

1,877 posts, read 2,238,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
there are tons of apartments in the downtown area (in your price range) Most are unlisted or listed through craigslist. some are nice, some are kind of ratty. There is a lot of action downtown, but the BS (tourists, drunken yahoos from riverside and ontario counties) gets old very fast. I would recommend getting at least 6 blocks away from main street.
Great suggestion. My mom lives in Huntington Harbor and one of my co-workers lived right on Main St. He's a party guy from UVA but that was too much for him. He relocated to a quieter area in Newport Beach.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:26 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,410,152 times
That looks like an ideal location! Walking distance to the beach and Main St., but not TOO close to the craziness on Main St. The apartment complex looks decent and it gets fairly good reviews, other than it attracts a younger crowd and can get the occasional rowdy party. But you're young, so it sounds perfect for you! I lived at Beach and Adams for two years and, while it wasn't as close to the beach as you will be, I still had those cool ocean breezes. In fact, I did not have AC and didn't really need it. Speaking of which, I didn't see anything on the Breakers' website about AC in the apartments, so check it out. Coming from the East Coast, I was appalled at not having AC, but it turns out it's not that unusual that close to the coast. Nighttimes, even in summer, are always chilly compared to what we're used to back here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County