Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 11:12 AM

30 posts, read 55,524 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I previously posted that I may be moving to California from NJ. Although my husband will be working in Fontana, we are looking in eastern OC for a 1 bedroom place to rent around $1500. Would you recommend any other towns near Brea, Fullerton, and Yorba Linda? We found some places online in these towns but I just want to see if there are other options we should consider. Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 12:17 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,961,475 times
For future reference, that's considered Northern OC. Eastern OC is mountainous.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:09 PM

Thanks I will have a lot to learn out there haha

Old 03-27-2013, 06:15 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,487,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGirl84 View Post
Hi everyone, I previously posted that I may be moving to California from NJ. Although my husband will be working in Fontana, we are looking in eastern OC for a 1 bedroom place to rent around $1500. Would you recommend any other towns near Brea, Fullerton, and Yorba Linda? We found some places online in these towns but I just want to see if there are other options we should consider. Thanks in advance for your help!
Any of those cities you just mentioned would fit your needs for sure.

Actually, the San Bernardino County side of things (where Fontana is and just over the Chino Hills from north Orange County) would be an even better commute-wise and probably rent-wise as well, though the area was impacted by the foreclosure problems a few years back and rent $$ went up because of the increased demand. Think Chino Hills and Chino, along with Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, and Upland.

I'm sure Fontana (where the job is) prices are even better but not that familiar with the apartment scene there (Fontucky and others can chime in here). It is, however, a very desirable thing to live in the same area in which you work if at all possible.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:06 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,961,475 times
I have no info on the apartment side of things here. SFR only.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post
Any of those cities you just mentioned would fit your needs for sure.

Actually, the San Bernardino County side of things (where Fontana is and just over the Chino Hills from north Orange County) would be an even better commute-wise and probably rent-wise as well, though the area was impacted by the foreclosure problems a few years back and rent $$ went up because of the increased demand. Think Chino Hills and Chino, along with Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, and Upland.

I'm sure Fontana (where the job is) prices are even better but not that familiar with the apartment scene there (Fontucky and others can chime in here). It is, however, a very desirable thing to live in the same area in which you work if at all possible.
Thank you for the information. I know that the traffic is bad out there and coming from someone in the ny/nj area, I can't imagine worse than here haha so I know we will be in for it. The only thing is that we are only going to live there for 1 yr for his assignment so id like to live closer to the beach than the fontana area. It seems that he will be doing a reverse commute and the traffic wouldn't be too bad from orange county. I work in the medical field so I'll be looking to work in a hospital and hoping that I have some options relatively nearby if we live in OC. I also teach fitness on the side so that would be my back up and fitness has a better following in CA than NJ. Thanks again. If you think of any other towns, please let me know.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:40 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,015,161 times
There is a big difference between Chino and Chino Hills. Chino Hills is a very nice community. Lewis Homes runs a nice complex of rental Apartments and Homes.

I would also consider Brea.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:11 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,487,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
There is a big difference between Chino and Chino Hills. Chino Hills is a very nice community. Lewis Homes runs a nice complex of rental Apartments and Homes.

I would also consider Brea.
Not as much difference as people make of it. As I've been exploring out here since working in the area, I'm seeing Chino is not the loser/also-ran/has-been/never-was place that people elsewhere in the L.A. basin want to make of it.

To the OP:

True, downtown is older and somewhat scruffy in spots, as is the far northern part of the city in spots, but with your budget you'll be able to get crème de la crème in either city for a one- or even a two-bedroom.

Brea is definitely cool as well. Birch St. between Brea Blvd. and State College Blvd has charming rows of apartments across from the newer housing development, and the prices would fall well within what you're willing to pay for a one-bedroom. But the closer to work the better (thus the suggestion of IE cities such as Chino, etc.).

Last edited by mrsltd; 03-28-2013 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: clarity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County